Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Sudo command prompt for a password Post 303014598 by kah00na on Thursday 15th of March 2018 11:27:49 AM
Old 03-15-2018
Also, make sure you're using visudo instead of trying to edit the config file directly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any way to use SU command without prompt for password

Hi, First i want to tell you i am not a administrator and everytime to run a sqlscritpt i have to login as SU in a particular account to connect to sqlplus.. I want to write a script which can make me free by doin this .. since i am having the permission for SU i want to know if i can SUDO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su command without password prompt to non-root account

Hello. I searched the internet for answers and don't seem to find any for about a day now. My problem. I want to su to a non-root account non-interactively, e.g. if I want to temporarily become prdusr, I want to su prdusr without keying prdusr's password every time. What I want is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: royale-sojin
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo, use in script without prompt for password

I need to create an automated script where I have to use sudo to switch to multiple user so the script stops and prompts for password, Is there a way I can provide the password in same command only? Remember that, I cannot disable the password settings of sudo as I dont have rights. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgrover50
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Bash script prompt for sudo password?

I'm making a script that will be a double clickable .command file and I need it to prompt for the users admin password. So far I have: if ]; then sudo -p "Please enter your admin password: " date 2>/dev/null 1>&2 if ; then echo "You entered an invalid password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatGmac
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo -s without password prompt

hi, i have a requirement where i need to sudo to another user in the shell script.suppose consider user A and B, first user A calls a shell script and then i need to sudo to user B which executes another shell script inside the earlier one. also this needs to be automated like while sudo'ing to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krk
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sudo Password Prompt over SSH

I am not sure what I am missing here. I have the following identical entry in /etc/sudoers on multiple Red Hat 6.4 servers. icinga ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/yum --security --exclude\="kernel*" check-update On one server when I enter the command over SSH as follows it works fine. ssh -t -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Not getting command prompt after entering the login password

Hi All, I am not able to get the command prompt after entering the login password on solaris server Only access is through console. Server type : sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 bsnl-north-in > ssh 10.147.17.207 jtoin Connecting to 10.147.17.207 as user jtoin Password: Last login: Wed Mar 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
1 Replies
NPM-CONFIG(1)                                                                                                                        NPM-CONFIG(1)

NAME
npm-config - Manage the npm configuration files SYNOPSIS
npm config set <key> <value> [-g|--global] npm config get <key> npm config delete <key> npm config list [-l] [--json] npm config edit npm get <key> npm set <key> <value> [-g|--global] aliases: c DESCRIPTION
npm gets its config settings from the command line, environment variables, npmrc files, and in some cases, the package.json file. See npm help 5 npmrc for more information about the npmrc files. See npm help 7 npm-config for a more thorough discussion of the mechanisms involved. The npm config command can be used to update and edit the contents of the user and global npmrc files. Sub-commands Config supports the following sub-commands: set npm config set key value Sets the config key to the value. If value is omitted, then it sets it to "true". get npm config get key Echo the config value to stdout. list npm config list Show all the config settings. Use -l to also show defaults. Use --json to show the settings in json format. delete npm config delete key Deletes the key from all configuration files. edit npm config edit Opens the config file in an editor. Use the --global flag to edit the global config. SEE ALSO
o npm help 5 folders o npm help 7 config o npm help 5 package.json o npm help 5 npmrc o npm help npm January 2019 NPM-CONFIG(1)