Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers sed find 2 strings and replace one Post 303014524 by shajay12 on Wednesday 14th of March 2018 04:30:10 AM
Old 03-14-2018
Hi MadeInGermany,

Sir, this code make changes in another line also

Like this 2 line get changed

Code:
<param name="user" value="CORE_BI"/>
    <param name="password" value="CORE_BI"/>

in both the above line, it changes CORE_BI to admin

I want only in line where user is there.

only this line
Code:
<param name="user" value="CORE_BI"/>

Last edited by RudiC; 03-14-2018 at 05:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK find/replace 2 strings in one shot

Friends, I have a file with contents like: interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/1:0 encapsulation mfr multilink group 101 interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/2:0 encapsulation ppp multilink group 101 I just have to repace mfr with ppp and ppp with mfr in a single shot. I tried using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrijith1
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Strings with sed or awk

Hello i need some help with the usage of sed. Situation : 2 textfiles, file.in , file.out In the first textfile which is called file.in are the words for the substitution. Every word is in a new-line like : Firstsub Secondsub Thridsub ... In the second textflie wich is called file.out is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed search&replace between two strings

Hi, i read couple of threads here on forum, and googled about what bugs me, yet i still can't find solution. Problem is below. I need to change this string (with sed if it is possible): This is message text that is being quoted to look like this: This is message text that is being quotedI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angrybb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace two different strings?

Hey everyone! Simple question - I am trying to use sed to replace two different strings. As it stands I can implement this as: sed -i 's/TIMEOUT//g' sed -i 's/null//g' And it works. However, is it possible to shrink that down into a single command? Will there be any performance benefits? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find and replace strings in multiple files

Hi All, Iam new to unix, I need to find string and replace it in the file name. Like text_123_0.txt,text_123_1.txt,text_123_2.txt. I need to search 123 and replace it with 234 . Is there any unix command to replace them in single command since i have 5 directories. So i need to go each and every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and replace txt between two strings in flat file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace strngs in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' news.bestseller='xyz' expected output is books.amazon=NONFOUND news.bestseller=NONFOUND Can I first find the text between string1= books.amazon=' and string2= ' (locate the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiano
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED with variable to replace strings in while loop

Hi guys, Hi have this input (Menu.xml)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <breakfast_menu> <food> <name>Berry-Berry Belgian Waffles</name> <price>$8.95</price> <calories>900</calories> </food> <food> <name>French Toast</name> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace strings if NOT found

Dear expert, I need an urgent help. I would like to update my /etc/ntp.conf file using sed. 1) if script find this string "127.127.1.0" then add the lone below #server 127.127.1.0 2) is script find this string "fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10" then add #fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Find and Replace Text Between Two Strings or Words

I am looking for a sed in which I can recognize all of the text in between two indicators and then replace it with a place holder. For instance, the 1st indicator is a list of words "no|noone|havent" and the 2nd indicator is a list of punctuation ".|,|!".From a sentence such as "noone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and lossless replace strings using sed?

Hello, I would like to replace all occurencies of long data types by others (coresponding int) using 'sed' in the extensive source code of a software package written for 32 bit CPUs. I must use regular expressions to avoid wrong replacements like s/unsigned]+long/ulong/gLeaving out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick P. F.
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)