Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Sudo command prompt for a password Post 303014496 by RudiC on Tuesday 13th of March 2018 12:53:09 PM
Old 03-13-2018
Shouldn't that be /etc/sudoers ? And, unless the "Runas_Spec" ORACLE is a "User_Alias" for oracle, shouldn't it be lower case?

Last edited by RudiC; 03-13-2018 at 01:59 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any way to use SU command without prompt for password

Hi, First i want to tell you i am not a administrator and everytime to run a sqlscritpt i have to login as SU in a particular account to connect to sqlplus.. I want to write a script which can make me free by doin this .. since i am having the permission for SU i want to know if i can SUDO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su command without password prompt to non-root account

Hello. I searched the internet for answers and don't seem to find any for about a day now. My problem. I want to su to a non-root account non-interactively, e.g. if I want to temporarily become prdusr, I want to su prdusr without keying prdusr's password every time. What I want is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: royale-sojin
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo, use in script without prompt for password

I need to create an automated script where I have to use sudo to switch to multiple user so the script stops and prompts for password, Is there a way I can provide the password in same command only? Remember that, I cannot disable the password settings of sudo as I dont have rights. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgrover50
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Bash script prompt for sudo password?

I'm making a script that will be a double clickable .command file and I need it to prompt for the users admin password. So far I have: if ]; then sudo -p "Please enter your admin password: " date 2>/dev/null 1>&2 if ; then echo "You entered an invalid password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatGmac
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo -s without password prompt

hi, i have a requirement where i need to sudo to another user in the shell script.suppose consider user A and B, first user A calls a shell script and then i need to sudo to user B which executes another shell script inside the earlier one. also this needs to be automated like while sudo'ing to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krk
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sudo Password Prompt over SSH

I am not sure what I am missing here. I have the following identical entry in /etc/sudoers on multiple Red Hat 6.4 servers. icinga ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/yum --security --exclude\="kernel*" check-update On one server when I enter the command over SSH as follows it works fine. ssh -t -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Not getting command prompt after entering the login password

Hi All, I am not able to get the command prompt after entering the login password on solaris server Only access is through console. Server type : sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 bsnl-north-in > ssh 10.147.17.207 jtoin Connecting to 10.147.17.207 as user jtoin Password: Last login: Wed Mar 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (unique, required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. .sp What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. .sp Three settings are possible: .sp - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) .sp The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. .sp Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: .sp alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; .sp This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will .sp shutdown immediate; .sp If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)