Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple If conditions
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Multiple If conditions Post 303014310 by vamsi.valiveti on Friday 9th of March 2018 05:58:37 AM
Old 03-09-2018
I am using Notepad++ and How to get begin and start of a particular if block using this one if it is nested.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if statements

Hi all, I'm confused about the proper syntax for multi-conditional if then statements. I'm trying to set limitations on info input on the command line.. i.e. if ] ;then $x=$vr1 else print "You have entered an invalid option." Can someone please clue me in on what is wrong with my syntax;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tim mauger
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple conditions in if/then

Hello, I am having trouble with the syntax with a conditional statement in a BASH script involving multiple conditions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! if ; then array=("${array}" "$dnNum" ) fi i receive this error: ./testscript: ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grandtheftander
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple if conditions

Guys, Im trying to have a script that evaluates multiple conditions : test.sh: if then echo "host $1" else if then echo "host $1" else echo $1 not valid exit 1 fi when I do ./test.sh brazil1 I get: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding multiple conditions

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can any one say what is wrong in this if statement, that uses multiple conditions if then *************** else if ( -z $pcs && "$night_time_calc" > "$night_time" ) then ******************************** ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssenthilkumar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

specifying multiple conditions in AWK

how can i specify more than 1 consition in the following AWK statament?? i.e. if $2 is ABCD and $3 is MNOP and $4 is KLPM similarly for OR #!/bin/ksh awk -F '' ' $2 == "ABCD" { print $2, $3;}' file.xml (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested if with multiple conditions

Deal Experts I am working on a script to find a date which is 7 days older and follwoing is my approach #!/bin/sh Yr=`date +"%Y"` Mn=`date +"%m"` Md=28 Da=`date +"%d"` echo $Yr echo $Mn echo $Da var1=$Yr$Mn$Da echo "before" $var1 if expr $Da > 7 then Da=`expr $Da - 7`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetnsourabh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If + multiple conditions

Hello Unix-Forums! It has been a long time since my last post, but finally I've got a new question: I know in case you can use multiple patterns by case $var in a|b|c|ab) and so on. But how would I place an OR between if ] then ... if ] then ... I want to execute the "..." if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions in IF

Fellas, Am new to unix os/ and here the situation , I am trying to write multiple condition statement inside if but it throws me a error here is my piece of code , if ] && ] && ] then commands fi error : line 15 : ` can someone please advise me how to fix it Please use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeccc5z
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logic for multiple if conditions.

Hi Gurus, Is there a way we can set a logic for this problem ? The input file looks like below; 1 15 17 2 8 12 3 18 24 4 21 23 5 2 4 6 11 25 So, I would like to print for any row of the input file where the range of value between $2 to $3 lies within the min and max values of Min=10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)