Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign variable value from file to another with the same name Post 303014265 by shash on Thursday 8th of March 2018 08:56:08 AM
Old 03-08-2018
This works but there are something which I don't want it to be replaced though. Any other better way please?

---------- Post updated at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrtx1
Inside the script?:
Code:
. ./config_env.txt
. ./config_properties.txt
echo "table name is : $table_name" > different_output_file

Sorry, I meant inside a shell script.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign value to a variable in a parameter file

Hi, I have a parameter file and it contains following items $ cat TransactionParams From_Date_Parm=2005-02-25 To_Date_Parm=2005-05-25 Extract_Root_Parm=/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CTI_London/IAM Extract_Type_Parm=Transaction EDW_Database_Parm=hdw_erks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search file for word, then assign to variable

Hi all, Trying to search a file for one word only, then assign that word to a variable. Not sure if this is a grep or awk (or either) function. Should be a simple operation. Example: This file contains the string "COMPLETE". I would like to pull that word out and assign it to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign the content of a file to a variable?

Hi all, I have a problem here. I have a file and let we take the content of the file is just '32' (only a numeric value in that file). Now I need to assign this numeric value ( value in that file) to a variable. Is that possible? If so, can you plz advice me on this? Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and assign the values to a variable

i have a file in this format curyymm PRVYYMM CDDMmmYY bddMmmyy eddMmmyy --------- ------- ------------ ---------- ----------- 0906 0905 09Jun09 01Jun09 30Jun09 ----------- --------- ------------ ------------ ----------- i need to read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

6. Programming

Can't assign struct variable in header file

Hi guys. I have a header file including a structure like this: typedef struct { int index = -1; stack_node *head; } stack; But when compiling with cc it shows error at the assignment line (int index = -1): error: expected ‘:', ‘,', ‘;', ‘}' or ‘__attribute__' before ‘=' token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign file names to array variable?

I wish to assign file names with particular extention to array variables. For example if there are 5 files with .dat extention in /home/sam then i have to assign these 5 files to an array. plz help me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we assign value to an array variable from an external file?

is it possible to assign value to an array variable from an external file?? if yes then how?? I am using below code but its not working. #!bin/bash myarray < file_name echo ${mayarray} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a variable to number of lines in a file

Hello Gurus, Here is my requirement. I need to find the number of lines in a file and need to assign it to a variable. This is what I did and not wroking. #!/bin/ksh set -xv Src_Path=/mac/dev/Generic/SrcFiles Src_Count=wc -l ${Src_Path}/FILE_JUNE.txt Count_file = $Src_Count | awk -F... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assign line from file to variable

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. Need help with the below requirement. I need help to read a log file and line containing word ORA needs to be captured into a variable and the values of the variable need to be inserted into a table. For E.g. file test.sql has below error: ORA-01017:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricsharm
3 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD