Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extracting directory portion. Post 303014231 by srikanth38 on Wednesday 7th of March 2018 08:22:00 PM
Old 03-07-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanth38
Dear Experts,

I have some directory structure something like follows. I would like to cut portion of it. Would you please help me? I have to run this on several sql's. The directory path is dynamic. I have cut what comes after first "sql" string.

Input:
Code:
/opt/fedex/acqulev1/abinitio/acqu/private_sand/legacy_acquisition/sql/DELETE/FCIS/delete_CS53_2.sql

Output:
Code:
/DELETE/FCIS/delete_CS53_2.sql

I have to do reverse of below sed.

Code:
sed 's/sql.*//'

I have got the answer, just used different delimiter.

Code:
echo /opt/fedex/acqulev1/abinitio/acqu/private_sand/legacy_acquisition/sql/DELETE/FCIS/delete_CS53_2.sql|sed 's|'$AI_SQL'||'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of a data file with identifier

Hi, I do have a TAB delimted text file with the following format. 1 (- identifier of each group. this text is not present in the file only number) 1 3 4 65 56 WERTF 2 3 4 56 56 GHTYHU 3 3 5 64 23 VMFKLG 2 1 3 4 65 56 DGTEYDH 2 3 4 56 56 FJJJCKC 3 3 5 64 23 FNNNCHD 3 1 3 4 65 56 JDHJDH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on extracting portion of string

Hi Gurus, I've some sample of my log information as shown below. -> Processing ABCD123456 This is tp version 372.04.57 (release 700, unicode enabled) This is R3trans version 6.14 (release 700 - 05.03.09 - 08:28:00). unicode enabled version R3trans finished (0000). Warning: Parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Directory From Path

Hi guys. I'm doing some bash scripting and have run into a snag. Say I have the path: /home/one/two/three/ All I need is the 'three' while making a filename. Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried using grep (because I'm that smart.) cut (as I'm unable to tell how many fields there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drayol
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of the string and comparing

I have 2 text files say file1.txt and file2.txt . Some of the sample records for file1.txt were shown below: XXXXX12345XXXXXXX12 3456789YYYYY XXXXXXXXXX12345XX123457485YYYYY XX12345XXXXXXXXXX123454658YYYYY for file2.txt, some of the sample records were shown below: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping a directory and extracting to another server.

Hello everyone, I am trying to make a script in KSH that will zip an entire directory but leave out one file in that directory. I then need to send that zipped directory to another UNIX box. I am new to UNIX and would appreciate a good template to study from. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrutalBryan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting into a remote directory

I need to fit in a module in my Korn Shell script which would extract file_archive.tar.gz residing in the folder /apps/Test of my local machine into a folder /global/ in a remote machine server1. Please help me on this regard. Thanks Kumarjit. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of the filename

Hi I would like to extract the first portion of filename from a list of files. The filename pattern is of the form 123456789_TEXT_TEXT_TEXT_.csv. I want to extract just the numerical portion of this filename from the list of files and then output this into another text file. K (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamal_p_99
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting to another directory using cygwin

I have a file, in Windows, called php_0.27.tar.gz and want to extract it to C:\Program Files\PHP\script through Cygwin using this command: tar -xf php_0.27.tar.gz -C /Program Files/PHP/script But I got an error saying: tar: Files: Not found in archive I tried this command too: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to add portion of text to files in directory using numerical match

In the below bash I am trying to rename eachof the 3 text files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/percent by matching the numerical portion of each file to lines 3,4, or 5 in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/analysis.txt. There will always be a match between the files. When a match is found each text file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
get_filename(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					     get_filename(3alleg4)

NAME
get_filename - Returns a pointer to the filename portion of a path. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> char *get_filename(const char *path); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the filename portion of a completely specified file path. Both `' and `/' are recognized as directory separators under DOS and Windows. However, only `/' is recognized as directory separator under other platforms. Example: get_executable_name(name, sizeof(name)); allegro_message("Running `%s' ", get_filename(name)); Note that Allegro won't perform any IO operations during the verification. This means that if you have `/a/path/like/this/', which doesn't have a filename, the function will return a pointer to the trailing null character. However, if you have `/a/path/like/this', Allegro will return a pointer to `this', even if it is a valid directory. RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the portion of `path' where the filename starts, or the beginning of `path' if no valid filename is found (eg. you are processing a path with backslashes under Unix). SEE ALSO
get_extension(3alleg4), put_backslash(3alleg4), replace_filename(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_filename(3alleg4)