Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching multiple patterns and construct SQL Post 303014204 by nv186000 on Wednesday 7th of March 2018 04:49:33 AM
Old 03-07-2018
Thanks RudiC . Appreciate your quick help. Non Unix line terminators might be because i copied the data from terminal to Notepad++ for uploading to the forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for two or more patterns in a line

how can I search for two or more patterns in one line using grep? for example if I want to show only the lines that have patterns "abc" and "123"? and what if I want to show only the lines that have either "abc" or "123" in them? any hint apprecited (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalwarrior
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple patterns in files

I have a situation where I need to search for multiple strings (error messages) such as 'aborted' 'file not found' etc in directory having logs. I have put all the error messages in a text file and using the command. grep -f <textfile> <filetobegrepped> I'm doing this thru a script where I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornon2303
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple patterns in a file

Hi All, I have a file in which i have to search for a pattern from the beginning of the file and if the pattern is found , then i have to perform a reverse search from that line to the beginning of the file to get the first occurrence of another pattern. sample input file hey what are you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script searching patterns issue

Hi I am having a file like this FILE1 ##################### C16ROTINV_ REFCLK_RXL RXBCLK32_R REFCLK_TXL CLK8_TXLIN RXBCLK32_R DCLK_TXLIN CLK32D_TXL RXACLK32_R ##################### (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaita
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching multiple patterns in perl

Hi, I have code like: Output it is comming as: Rels: WM2 Rels: WG2 Rels: 5 - pre/prods.pl Rels: 6 Rels: 7 Rels: 8 Rels: 10 Rels: Int But i want only "Rels: 5" pattern Just above "- pre/prods.pl". By... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the next line by searching with different patterns

Hi, I am having an '.xml' file with 'n' number of lines and also having another file with '.txt' format contains values which i want to search. Now I want to print the next line with the pattern which i am searching in '.xml' file. And the loop has to repeat for different patterns which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the next line by searching with different patterns in AIX server?

Hi, I am having an '.xml' file with 'n' number of lines and also having another file with '.txt' format contains values which i want to search. Now I want to print the next line with the pattern which i am searching in '.xml' file. And the loop has to repeat for different patterns which are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help searching for patterns occuring near one another in document

I'm very new to unix and linux, so I apologize if the answer to this question should be obvious.. What I would like to know is, is there a way to search a text document ( opened in less, or some other text viewer) for any two or more patterns that appear near one another in the document? In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Colonel Panic
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching multiple patterns using awk

Hello, I have the following input file: qh1adm 20130710111201 : tp import all QH1 u6 -Dsourcesystems=BFI,EBJ qh1adm 20130711151154 : tp import all QH1 u6 -Dsourcesystems=BFI,EBJ qx1adm 20130711151154 : tp count QX1 u6 -Dsourcesystems=B17,E17,EE7 qh1adm 20130711151155 : tp import all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcboy
7 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)