Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script inputs to python Post 303014133 by akil on Monday 5th of March 2018 03:48:45 PM
Old 03-05-2018
Shell script inputs to python

Hi
I am trying to pass 2 input parameters from shell script to python API end point ,but not passing what i expected when print those inputs .Please advise

Code:
data.txt

" 7554317" ,xx5e1
 " 7554317" ,xx96
 " 7554317" ,xxd6
 " 554317" ,xde

cat $sites/data.txt |sort |uniq >$sites/a.txt

for i in `cat $sites/a.txt`
do
#echo "test: $i"
 id=`echo $i|awk -F "," '{print $1}'`
 tid=`echo  $i|awk -F "," '{print $2}'`

echo "id : $id"
echo "tid : $tid"

python test.py /data'{" Id":"'"${id}"'""group":"get", "item":"'"${ tid}"'"],"fields":[" Id","type"," Parameters","xx"]}'

done

Getting output
id: " 7554317"
tid: 
id:
tid: xx5e1
id: " 7554317"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Python and shell script,the script hangs

Hi I need to run a shell script from a TCL script,the shell script in trun will run a python script 1.Tcl script set filename "./GopiRun.sh" 2.GopiRun.sh python ./psi.py $MYSB/test_scripts/delivery/gpy1.py 3.I have my gpy1.py script. Here the problem i am facing is on running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument to shell script that reads user inputs

Hi, Lets say I have a script "ss" which does this read abc echo $abc read pqr echo $pqr Now if I want to pass and argument to only "abc" how do I do it. If I do echo "somevalue" | ss, it does not prompt for pqr and its value comes out as blank. Any help is appreciated Thanks P (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patjones
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from shell script to python script

I have a shell script main.sh which inturn call the python script ofdm.py, I want to pass two variables from shell script to python script for its execution. How do i achieve this ????? Eg: main.sh a=3 b=3; c= a+b exec python ofdm.py ofdm.py d=c+a Thanks in Anticipation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip the first line of the script in shell using python?

How to skip first line of the script in shell, using python. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give multiple inputs to a shell script

Got struck while trying to write a shell script which should automatically give input. While running a script for eg: (adpatch.sh) It Prompts for Multiple inputs like: Do you currently have files used for installing or upgrading the database installed in this APPL_TOP ? need to give... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdmoha
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Programming

Regarding Python Program with Shell Script

Hi All, I have written a shell script which is using the expect method, it is working fine in terminal window, and then I have executed via python script its also working fine in command prompt functioning properly, I used subprocess.Popen method to execute the shell script file, its working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janaefx
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Script to Remove MongoDB Document-Based on Many inputs

Here I am in a position to write a Unix Shell script(.sh) to remove MongoDB collection documents. I know how to remove based on a condition like below and it works for me. eval 'db.Collection.remove({TimeStamp:{$lte: "'$var'"}}) But I need to change the remove statement based on a new parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilmadhanT
1 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)