Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES ! Post 303014026 by alex_5161 on Saturday 3rd of March 2018 06:31:59 PM
Old 03-03-2018
The solution to my question is the command
do EXPR;
, having as EXPR the script-2!

That way the script-2 will have defined in script-1 some variables;
it will process everything, printing on STDOUT what it should print (the script-2), and
it will set any variable that will be available in the script-1 after completing the script-2.

After finishing the script-2 control coming back to script-1

That is all I been looking for!

(Hmm, after review my question, surprizingly realizing that I have used the 'do ..'
How it happening that I have mislead myself to have it not enough, I am not sure!
--- My apologizes for all that mess!!!! )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a cron job needs a perl script to execute

Hello evreyone, this is my first post, and to say i'm new to this is an understatement. I know very little about perl scripts and hope some one can help me. i'm looking to get a script that a cron job can execute. what the script needs to to is 1) connect to a mysql database 2) go to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exader
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to execute todays date.

Hi Folks, I have created a script last month to retrive files thru FTP and cronjob was running fine till yesterday. But the naming convention of the daily file is Filename_<date>.xml where date is YYYYMMDD. But today i have received file name as Filename_20110232.xml :( Part of my Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute immediate in perl script

hi All, i have to modify a shell script written in Perl. i have to use execute immediate within this. i have to create a temporary table but it should have name like ar_data_$mmyyyy , how can i achieve this? any help on this would be highly appriciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl script with lock to execute only once in a day

Hi, I am new to perl and have a script to which i want to ensure that no matter how many ever times i execute the script it should execute only once per day. Cronjob is not a safe method as I want to built in capability inside the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctrld
1 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)                                        Tcl Library Procedures                                        Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)