Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find common lines with one file and with all of the files in another folder Post 303014024 by Eve on Saturday 3rd of March 2018 06:07:33 PM
Old 03-03-2018
Sorry that I didn't reply in the right time. All of the files were previously sorted. It was eventually acceptable for me in this case that the outcomes were all in one file. I could continue like that and I didn't want bother you any longer. I didn't get the very long code that Don Cragun offered working - my C Shell window closed by itself everytime I tried to use it. And since I can use the case when all of the outcomes are in one file too you don't need to find a solution for that any longer. I'm grateful to you and you were very helpful!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find all common lines from 'n' no. of files

Hi, I have one situation. I have some 6-7 no. of files in one directory & I have to extract all the lines which exist in all these files. means I need to extract all common lines from all these files & put them in a separate file. Please help. I know it could be done with the help of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find common lines using just one column to compare and result with all columns

Hi. If we have this file A B C 7 8 9 1 2 10 and this other file A C D F 7 9 2 3 9 2 3 4 The result i´m looking for is intersection with A B C D F so the answer here will be (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcalina
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common lines from files

Hello guys, I need a script to get the common lines from two files with a criteria that if the first two columns match then I keep the maximum value of the 3rd column.(tab separated columns) Sample input: file1: 111 222 0.1 333 444 0.5 555 666 0.4 file 2: 111 222 0.7 555 666... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common lines from files

Hello guys, I need a script to get the common lines from two files with a criteria that if the first two columns match then I keep the maximum value of the 5th column.(tab separated columns) . 3rd and 4th columns corresponds to the row which has highest value for the 5th column. Sample... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common lines between multiple files

Hello everyone A few years Ago the user radoulov posted a fancy solution for a problem, which was about finding common lines (gene variation names) between multiple samples (files). The code was: awk 'END { for (R in rec) { n = split(rec, t, "/") if (n > 1) dup = dup ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibb
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines from text files in folder based on the numbers in another file

Hello, I have a file ff.txt that looks as follows *ABNA.txt 356 24 36 112 *AC24.txt 457 458 321 2 ABNA.txt and AC24.txt are the files in the folder named foo1. Based on the numbers in the ff.txt file, I want to extract the lines from the corresponding files in the foo1 folder and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamad
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find common lines and replace next line

I want to find common line in two files and replace the next line of first file with the next line of second file. (sed,awk,perl,bash any solution is welcomed ) Case Ignored. Multiple Occurrence of same line. File 1: hgacdavd sndm,ACNMSDC msgid "Rome" msgstr "" kgcksdcgfkdsb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madira
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common lines between all of the files in one folder

Could it be possible to find common lines between all of the files in one folder? Just like comm -12 . So all of the files two at a time. I would like all of the outcomes to be written to a different files, and the file names could be simply numbers - 1 , 2 , 3 etc. All of the file names contain... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eve
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to trim folder and files within a path that share a common file extension

The bash will trim the folder to trim folder. Within each of the folders (there may be more than 1) and the format is always the same, are several .bam and matching .bam.bai files (file structure) and the bashunder that executes and trims the .bam as expected but repeats the.bam.bai extentions... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
9 Replies
qwtinstall(3)							 Qwt User's Guide						     qwtinstall(3)

NAME
qwtinstall - .TH "qwtinstall" 3 "Mon Aug 1 2011" "Version 5.2.2" "Qwt User's Guide" NAME
qwtinstall - .PP Introduction ============ Qwt uses qmake to build all its components and examples. qmake is part of a Qt distribution. qmake reads project files, that contain the options and rules how to build a certain project. A project file ends with the suffix '*.pro'. Files that end with the suffix '*.pri' are included by the project files and contain definitions, that are common for several project files. qwtconfig.pri is read by all project files of the Qwt package. So the first step is to edit qwtconfig.pri to adjust it to your needs. MathML Extension ================ Qwt/Qt4 supports the MathML render engine from the Qt solutions package, that is only available with a commercial Qt license. You need a release of qtmmlwidget >= 2.1. Copy the files qtmmlwidget.[cpp|h] to textengines/mathml. Documentation ========================== Qwt includes a class documentation, that is available in various formats: - Html files - PDF document - Qt Compressed Help (*.qch ) for the Qt assistant or creator. You can load it 'Edit Preferences' -> 'Documentation' -> 'Add...' - Man pages ( UNIX only ) A) Unix Qt3/Qt4 ========================== qmake make make install If you have installed a shared library it's path has to be known to the run-time linker of your operating system. On Linux systems read the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (on some systems LIBPATH is used instead, on MacOSX it is called DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH) environment variable. If you only want to check the Qwt examples without installing something, you can set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib directory of your local build. If you didn't enable autobuilding of the examples in qwtconfig.pri you have to build the examples this way: cd examples qmake make B) Win32/MSVC Qt3/Qt4 ===================== Please read the qmake documentation how to convert your *.pro files into your development environment. F.e MSVC with nmake: qmake qwt.pro nmake If you didn't enable autobuilding of the examples in qwtconfig.pri you have to build the examples this way: cd examples qmake examples.pro nmake admin/msvc-qmake.bat helps users of Visual Studio users to generate makefiles or project files (.dsp for MSVC-6.0 or vcproj for MSVC.NET) for Qwt. To generate makefiles, type: 'adminvc-qmake' To generate project files, type: 'adminvc-qmake vc' When you have built a Qwt DLL you need to add the following define to your compiler flags: QWT_DLL. Windows doesn't like mixing of debug and release binaries. Most of the problems with using the Qwt designer plugin are because of trying to load a Qwt debug library into a designer release executable. C) Win32/MinGW Qt4 ================== C1) Windows Shell Start a Windows Shell, where Qt4 is initialized. ( F.e. with qmake qwt.pro make If you didn't enable autobuilding of the examples in qwtconfig.pri you have to build the examples this way: cd examples qmake examples.pro make make install C2) MSYS Shell Qt >= 4.3.0 Support for the MSYS Shell has been improved in Qt 4.3.0. Now building Qwt from the MSYS Shell works exactly like in UNIX or in the Windows Shell - or at least it should: because of a bug in Qt 4.3.0 you always have to do a 'qmake -r'. C3) MSYS Shell Qt < 4.3.0 For Qt < 4.3.0 you have to set the MINGW_IN_SHELL variable. make will run into errors with the subdirs target, that can be ignored (make -i). export MINGW_IN_SHELL=1; qmake make -i make -i install If you didn't enable autobuilding of the examples in qwtconfig.pri you have to build the examples this way: cd examples qmake examples.pro make -i make -i install C1-C3) When you have built a Qwt DLL you need to add QWT_DLL to your compiler flags. If you are using qmake for your own builds this done by adding the following line to your profile: 'DEFINES += QWT_DLL'. Windows doesn't like mixing of debug and release binaries. Most of the problems with using the Qwt designer plugin are because of trying to load a Qwt debug library into a designer release executable. D) MacOSX Well, the Mac is only another Unix system. So read the instructions in A). In the recent Qt4 releases the default target of qmake is to generate XCode project files instead of makefiles. So you might need to do the following: qmake -spec macx-g++ D) Qtopia Core I only tested Qwt with Qtopia Core in qvfb (Virtual Framebuffer Devivce) Emulator on my Linux box. To build Qwt for the emulator was as simple as for a regular Unix build. qmake make E) Qtopia (!= Qtopia Core) I once compiled the Qwt library against Qtopia 4.2.0 successfully - but not more. It should be possible to build and install Qwt, but it's not done yet. Good luck ! Version 5.2.2 Mon Aug 1 2011 qwtinstall(3)