Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect pattern matching in the command output Post 303013993 by marsala on Saturday 3rd of March 2018 09:14:39 AM
Old 03-03-2018
This code to match the send_user line, there is no invisible character.
I try
Code:
expect -i $bashId -re "\[snr_core.serconsole.con\s+info\]\s+Telnet\s+console\s+listening\s+to\s+port\s+\[0-9]+\."  {send_user "The output is $expect_out(0,string)\n"}

It does not work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using command line arguments as columns for pattern matching using awk

Hi, I wish to use a column, as inputted by a user from command line, for pattern matching. awk file: { if($1 ~ /^8/) { print $0> "temp2.csv" } } something like this, but i want '$1' to be any column as selected by the user from command line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinclible0009
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to save the output of command in tcl/expect

hi, everyone: I just wonder how to save the output of command, I mean everything, save as a string into a variable. another question is I try to ls the details of a directory, but it works in the shell, not in the script. for example code: ls -ltr *se100* | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
1 Replies

3. AIX

matching pattern in 'ps' command

Hi all, I have two instance of jboss (jboss and jboss2). In a shell script that I am writing, I need to grep for each instance of jboss. If i use ps -ef|grep 'jboss', it will also return the process for my second instance of jboss, which is jboss2. Can someone tell me how can i specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding pattern matching used in a grep command

I have the following code. I want to remove the --sort=num/num/... and am using grep to exclude it as shown below: I have a bit of problem figuring out the use of - at the front echo "--sort=4/5/6" | grep -ivE '-((sort|group)=+/+(/+)*)$' Now suppose I want to remove --quiet I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Pattern Matching Trouble

I am still learning expect, For the below script I always get This is True as the answer. Tried to debug and does not make sense to me. Not sure, where I am doing the mistake. Need Help! - Thanks #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 10 spawn -noecho bash expect { *$* } send "test -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmsagar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - assigning UNIX command output to a variable

Hi, I'm writing a script that connects through ssh (using "expect") and then is supposed to find whether a process on that remote machine is running or not. Here's my code (user, host and password are obviously replaced with real values in actual script): #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and creating output

HI Unix Forum, My requirement I have two set of Patterns UBA and CIE for which different Phases are there which will have Start and End time. They are not in same order. I want the o/p in the below mentioned format. Eg: Mangolia Alien 03:04:56 Phase 0 started (10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to get the latest file and also matching pattern

we want to fetch the latest file in a given directory and also the file name should match the below pattern Example file name ->hrdata-2015-10-13-16-45-26.xml(2015-10-13-16-45-26- it is not current timestamp, we just need to check for the pattern) We expect the file will have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanath001
3 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)					      Tcl Library Procedures					     Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3tcl)