Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using "userdbset"
Operating Systems HP-UX Using "userdbset" Post 303013771 by anaigini45 on Wednesday 28th of February 2018 05:40:04 AM
Old 02-28-2018
Using "userdbset"

I read from an HPUX article that we need to use the command "userdbset" to be able to change individual attributes of users for password policy settings.
However, I am not able to find this package in the hpux package download site :

HTML Code:
http://hpux.connect.org.uk
Please advise, how do I install this package? Is this even possible?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
userdbset(1M)															     userdbset(1M)

NAME
userdbset - modify information in the user database, /var/adm/userdb SYNOPSIS
name attr [attr]... attr [attr]... name] DESCRIPTION
modifies the per-user information residing in the user database, A per-user value in the user database overrides any system-wide default configured in See userdb(4) and security(4) for more details about the user database and system-wide defaults, respectively. If one or more arguments are specified on the command line, initializes or modifies each attribute specified by attr to the specified value for the specified user name. Options The following options are recognized: Modify specified attributes for all users. Delete attributes; the (see security(4)) system-wide default will then apply. If one or more attr arguments are specified, only those attributes are deleted. Otherwise, if no attr arguments are specified, all configurable attributes are deleted for the specified user name. Import the contents of filename into the user database. Each line in the data file, filename, must be in the following format: The output of is in this format and can be used as the input file. See the example in the section. Remove internal attributes in addition to the configurable ones. Internal attributes are not user configurable and are normally modified only by programs that enforce system security. The file indicates which attributes are configurable and which are internal. Initialize, modify or delete specified attributes for the specified user name. Authorizations In order to invoke the user must either be root (running with effective uid of 0) or, if the Role-Based Access Control Extensions product (RBACExt) is installed, have the appropriate authorization(s). Users with the appropriate authorizations can use to add, modify or delete security attributes for other users, but are prohibited from changing the security attributes for local root users. Only root users can add, modify or delete the security attributes of local root users. Refer to rbac(5) for more information on the Role-Based Access Control product. The following is a list of the required authorizations for running with particular options: Allows the user to invoke The user will also need specific authorizations to modify or delete the various attributes in the user database. Allows the user to delete the per-user attribute (attr) named in the object of the authorization pair. An object of will allow the user to delete any attribute. Allows the user to initialize or modify the per-user attribute (attr) named in the object of the authorization pair. An object of will allow the user to initialize or modify any attribute. Allows the user to import user attributes into the user database using the option. Users with this authorization are allowed to import attributes for all users, including local root users. Notes Only users who have read and write access to can run validates attributes and attribute values based on information in The validation of an attribute fails if: o Any specified attr is not listed in o does not allow a per-user value for the attr. o name is not a valid user. o allows the attr only for local users, and name is not in o The value of an attr is not within the range specified in RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: success invalid user invalid usage insufficient permission to access the user database file system error invalid attribute; does not allow a per-user value an attribute value is not within the range specified in block overflow entry overflow database lock failure database is disabled; see userdb(4) invalid user name not a local user EXAMPLES
In the following example, the first command deletes all of the configurable attributes for user while retaining the internal attributes. At this point, the system-wide defaults in apply. The second command sets minimum password length to 7 and to 0022 (the leading zero denotes an octal value). The next command deletes the minimum password length, which causes the system-wide default to be used. The following example deletes the user-specific audit flag for all users. The system-wide default will then apply for all users. The following example saves the configurable attributes for all users option) into a file, using the command. If needed, the attributes can then be restored at a later point by importing the file with The second command imports the configurable attributes into the user data- base. FILES
user database security defaults configuration file security attributes description file SEE ALSO
userdbck(1M), userdbget(1M), userdb_read(3), security(4), userdb(4), rbac(5). userdbset(1M)