Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Multiple Users - Multiple Scripts Post 303013726 by RudiC on Monday 26th of February 2018 01:37:24 PM
Old 02-26-2018
Did you consider the cron / crontab reboot trigger entry? Available in some (linux, FreeBSD), mayhap not all, systems. man crontab:
Quote:
Instead of the first five fields, one of eight special strings may appear:

string meaning
------ -------
@reboot Run once, at startup.

Last edited by RudiC; 02-26-2018 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: typo

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

editing sqlplus id@passwd in multiple scripts, users and directories

hi all, i was given by my supervisor a task to search for scripts which contain oracle sqlplus i.e "myusername/mypasswd @myDB" in every /home/userfolder, which are, all the scripts made by different user. I've done some find command to search string for sqlplus, but it may up too long to respond.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helmi
8 Replies

2. Solaris

How to add multiple users

HI, 1.I want to add multiple users at a same time. How to achive this , since useradd will add only one user at a time,. 2.Also let me know how to install a software in a group of machines where the machines are not configured as zones (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

id -a multiple users at one time?

Hi Expert, How do I want to id -a multiple users at one time? * i know that this does not work, Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Multiple Users

I need to have more than one user logged into my PC's VMWare Linux virtual simultaneously, each seeing a graphical display, to test my software's ability to affect their displays one by one. I have never done anything like this before. My Linux virtuals have been for my development only, that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-x] [-o omitpid] [-o omitpid..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. NOTES
pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program, which should also be located in /sbin. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)