Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Flash Archive Jumpstart with multiple ZFS Pools Post 303013519 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 22nd of February 2018 01:43:28 PM
Old 02-22-2018
Maybe not possible in the profile. "pool" means "root pool". Did not find another keyword for other pools.
Of course you can create the other pools by shell commands in a finish script (specified in the "rules" file).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart and Flash Archives

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am short on time and need to get up to speed fast on the use of flash archives. I am very familiar with Jumpstart and have used it successfully for the past 5 years. The current project I am working on requires optimization of time and speed when deploying systems which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Flash installation with Jumpstart

I get following error while doing a flash installation. I 'm trying to deploy a flash archive created by our engineering team. I 'm trying to install it with ZFS root and the profile which i using is as following #more flash_profile_test install_type flash_install archive_location nfs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS root + Flash archive in update7

Has ZFS root is being supported in flash archive in the recently released update 7 .. i read a specific patch has been released for this , can anyone let me know that , and have anybody tested it if its working fine or not ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

difference between flash archive and jumpstart

Hi, Can anyone explains me the difference between solaris flash archive and jumpstart installation. Both are used to install many systems frm a centralized location , correct me if am wrong,. Clear view on this is really appreciable. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
3 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs root flash archive issue

I have created a flash archive from a Ldom on T5220 with zfs root solaris 10_u8. But after creation of flar the info shows the content_architectures=sun4c,sun4d,sun4m,sun4u,sun4us,sun4s but not sun4v due to which i 'm unable to install this flash archive on another Ldom on the same host. Is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Sun Cluster on ZFS root pools

Hi All! I have been tasked with creating a clustered file system for two systems running Sol 10 u8. These systems have 3 zones each and the global zone has ZFS on the boot disk. We currently have one system sharing an NFS mount to both of these systems. The root zfs pool status (on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart client flash archive error....

Hi , I am facing this issue while restoring flash archive from jumpstart server.The image was aroung 9 gb (5.9 release) and we have restored the other images successfully bigger than this size to other machines we have never faced this issue .Please advice me on this issue . Extracted 100 %... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
0 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS and jumpstart

I am building a new server on sol10_X86. I am new to ZFS, this will be one of the first systems to use it. I would like to have /opt /usr and a /u01 as separate file systems from the main ZFS pool. I know that this goes against the basic idea of ZFS, but this is so I can restrict the size/usage... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies
IPPOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPPOOL(8)

NAME
ippool - user interface to the IPFilter pools SYNOPSIS
ippool -a [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] -i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] ippool -A [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-S <seed>] [-t <type>] ippool -f <file> [-dnuv] ippool -F [-dv] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] ippool -l [-dv] [-m <name>] [-t <type>] ippool -r [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] -i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] ippool -R [-dnv] [-m <name>] [-o <role>] [-t <type>] ippool -s [-dtv] [-M <core>] [-N <namelist>] DESCRIPTION
Ippool is used to manage information stored in the IP pools subsystem of IPFilter. Configuration file information may be parsed and loaded into the kernel, currently configured pools removed or changed as well as inspected. The command line options used are broken into two sections: the global options and the instance specific options. GLOBAL OPTIONS
-d Toggle debugging of processing the configuration file. -n This flag (no-change) prevents ippool from actually making any ioctl calls or doing anything which would alter the currently running kernel. -v Turn verbose mode on. COMMAND OPTIONS
-a Add a new data node to an existing pool in the kernel. -A Add a new (empty) pool to the kernel. -f <file> Read in IP pool configuration information from the file and load it into the kernel. -F Flush loaded pools from the kernel. -l Display a list of pools currently loaded into the kernel. -r Remove an existing data node from a pool in the kernel. -R Remove an existing pool from within the kernel. -s Display IP pool statistical information. OPTIONS
-i <ipaddr>[/<netmask>] Sets the IP address for the operation being undertaken with an all-one's mask or, optionally, a specific netmask given in either the dotted-quad notation or a single integer. -m <name> Sets the pool name for the current operation. -M <core> Specify an alternative path to /dev/kmem to retrieve statistical information from. -N <namelist> Specify an alternative path to lookup symbol name information from when retrieving statistical information. -o <role> Sets the role with which this pool is to be used. Currently only ipf, auth and count are accepted as arguments to this option. -S <seed> Sets the hashing seed to the number specified. Only for use with hash type pools. -t <type> Sets the type of pool being defined. Myst be one of tree, hash, group-map. -u When parsing a configuration file, rather than load new pool data into the kernel, unload it. FILES
/dev/iplookup /etc/ippool.conf SEE ALSO
ippool(5), ipf(8), ipfstat(8) IPPOOL(8)