Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk statement piped inside sed Post 303013463 by roussine on Wednesday 21st of February 2018 05:49:50 PM
Old 02-21-2018
awk statement piped inside sed

Hello folks,
I have multiple occurrences of the pattern:

)[0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9]:

where [0-9] is any digit, in various text context but the pattern is unique as this regex. And I need to turn this decimal fraction into an integer (corresponding percent value: the range of 0-100).

What I'm doing is:
Code:
cat file | sed  -e "s/)\([0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9]\):/)`echo "\1"|awk '{ r=int(100*$0); if((r>=0)&&(r<=100)){ print r; } else { print "error"; exit(-1); } }'`:/g"

but the output is

)0:

where is the fault?...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed , Replace a "variable text" inside of a statement

Please Help... I am trying to manipulte the following line Before : <user:Account_Password>002786</user:Account_Password> the password is the "variable", i need to delete / omit the password in the file, (it occurs several thousand times) so the tag line looks like After:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackn7
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk inside another awk statement

hi all, i have two files 1) a.txt one two three 2) abc "one" = 10 pqr "three" = 20 345 "two" = 0 this is what i want in third file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sysdate inside awk print statement

Hi, I am using awk statement to extract data from a file and write a new file with certain columns rearranged and few hard coded values added to new file. Now i need to add a column with sysdate. can i do that inside the awk print statement? Now: nawk ' /^3/ BEGIN {FS=","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command in inside awk statement

Hello can you please help me with below script which is meant to delete clients from multiple netbackup policies I want to run a command insdie awk statement apparelnlty this script is not working for me for i in $( cat clients_list) do bppllist -byclient $i | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed inside awk

What I want to do is delete everything upto the last underscore (_) in column 2. awk '{ $2=$(echo $2 | sed 's/.*_//'); print $0}' Sed works fine if I echo the string into it, this doesnt work inside awk. What am I doing wrong? Similarly, how do I store the substring starting with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed inside system call in awk

HI , I am trying to write a code where if a file system has / at the end then replace it with null but it should not affect root file system / for example if ip is /var/opt/home/ then o/p is /var/opt/home but if ip is / then it should remain /. for this i am using below code but no success... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed within awk statement

input | Jan 8 2018 11:28PM| 24 | 75 | 51 | 1 | 1.600| | Jan 8 2018 12:01PM| 52 | 823 | 21 | 6 | 2.675| desired output Jan-8-2018-11:28PM 24 75 51 1 1.600 Jan-8-2018-12:01PM 52 823 21 6 2.675 Dear friends, I have input file , as shown above and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
10 Replies
XDEVICEBELL(3)                                                                                                                      XDEVICEBELL(3)

NAME
XDeviceBell - ring a bell on a device supported through the input extension SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/XInput.h> Status XDeviceBell( Display *display, XDevice *device, XID feedbackclass, XID feedbackid, int percent); display Specifies the connection to the X server. device Specifies the device with which the bell is associated. feedbackclass Specifies the class of the feedback with which the bell is associated. feedbackid Specifies the id of the feedback with which the bell is associated. percent Specifies the volume in the range -100 to 100 at which the bell should be rung. DESCRIPTION
The XDeviceBell request causes the server to ring a bell on the specified feedback of the specified device, if possible. The specified volume is relative to the base volume for the bell. If an invalid device is specified, a BadDevice error will be returned. The feedbackclass and feedbackid parameters contain values returned by an XGetFeedbackControl request and uniquely identify the bell to ring. If a feedbackclass is specified that does not support a bell, or if a nonexistent feedbackid is specified, or a percent value is specified that is not in the range -100 to 100, a BadValue error will be returned. The volume at which the bell is rung when the percent argument is nonnegative is: base - [(base * percent) / 100] + percent The volume at which the bell rings when the percent argument is negative is: base + [(base * percent) / 100] To change the base volume of the bell, use XChangeFeedbackControl. XDeviceBell can generate a BadDevice or a BadValue error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist, or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice. BadValue An invalid feedbackclass, feedbackid, or percent value was specified. SEE ALSO
XChangeFeedbackControl(3), XBell(3) 05/15/2013 XDEVICEBELL(3)