Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sort by file/directory size
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sort by file/directory size Post 303013438 by RudiC on Wednesday 21st of February 2018 10:31:57 AM
Old 02-21-2018
How about
Code:
du -sb * | sort -n

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size limitation of unix sort command.

hi , iam trying to sort millions of records which is delimited and i cant able to use sort command more than 60 million..if i try to do so i got an message stating that "File size limit exceeded",Is there any file size limit for using sort command.. How can i solve this problem. thanks ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know size of file in a directory

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I sort the file names in the directory

Hi , I have a list of files in the directory I want to sort based on the file name. But in the middle of filename contains the number based on that I need to sort.Could you suggest me on the same? Example filenames: /user1$ls RS.DEV.ISV.F1.RS.REFDATA.DATA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen.thumati
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort by size, then list file in each directory

Hi, I have directories with name like: aaa bbb ccc ... I would like to to see which directories are the largest and then list the files within each. I have success using: du -ks * | sort -rin | head -n 20 which gives me an output like: 120 bbb 27 ccc 3 aaa ... I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChatPerdu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size of file and directory

Hello. I do have a problem. The statement sounds like this: Given a directory, find all subdirectories (regardless of depth) which contain a file that has more than a half of the size of the respective subdirectory. I've tried to solve this in many ways, but all I came up with is half... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WorkOfArt
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't sort file by size column

Hello, I've done ls -ls >fileout1 When I do the sort command for +4 it sorts it bu group. When I do +5 it sorts it by date. But it's skipping the file size column. Example: rwxr-xr-x 1 Grueben sup 65 16 Sep 13:58 cdee How can I sort it by file size? It doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

10. Programming

Size of a directory or a file

Hello, Here is my code: :~$ truncate -s 16M MyTestFile.txt :~$ du -h MyTestFile.txt 4,0K MyTestFile.txt Q1: Please why du -h does not work in this case ? Q2: Other than "du -h", how can i get the size of a directory (using linux command) Thanks a lot. Best Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)