Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming -Warray-bounds option to GCC compiler Post 303013386 by milhan on Tuesday 20th of February 2018 03:25:24 PM
Old 02-20-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Your post#1 suggests you need:

Code:
-O2 -Warray-bounds=2

did you read post #6?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler / gcc

:confused: I have a question concerning gcc. IŽd like to install the gcc on my Mac OS X, but when I try to run the configure command I get the following message: floriant% ./configure ./configure: read-only variable: PWD Configuring for a powerpc-apple-darwin5.4 host. *** This configuration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: florian.turck
2 Replies

2. Programming

gcc compiler

i write c++ code it run perfectely with g++ compiler but same code when i compile with GCC compiler it gives linker error , followed these linker error /tmp/ccfZtXOQ.o(.text+0x22): In function `main': conf_system.cpp: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

gcc compiler

where to download gcc compiler for ubuntu? how to install? how to build and run "c programs"? screen shots if possible.....:b::D tutorials too:cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: villanarun
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcc compiler

I am using open suse linux. I want to install gcc compiler in my machine. I ahve checked man gcc and man cc. But it's not there. Can someone help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
4 Replies

7. Programming

gcc compiler

Which gcc compiler release had the Arm 9 multicore support?Whether the compiler that used for the single Arm 9 core can be used for its multicore systems ? If gcc not support,please tell me which are the compilers that are available for Arm 9 multicore systems (including commerical).Whether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujith4u87
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

9. Programming

A question regarding the gcc compiler ...

It might be a simple one but I have this question bothering me for sometime. When we do a symbol search inside the library directory (i.e. /usr/lib/*) via tools like nm; it takes a while to give us the results. However, its very quick when gcc is invoked to compile a program with the very same... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
11 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)