Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Establishing connectivity between two servers Post 303013368 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 20th of February 2018 09:44:50 AM
Old 02-20-2018
Sounds like an RBAC problem - create a non-root user that can login over network with the necessary permissions to run disk maintenance (backup, etc)? Add ssh keys for the user. Put your local ssh keys in the .ssh directory over there.

Create a script in the user's directory to do what you need.

Code:
ssh user@hostname 'script.shl  [parameters for the script]'

PS: you can use tar over the network to create local tarballs from your remote disk.
Code:
ssh -e user@remote 'path/to/script.shl' | tar cf local.tar -

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Establishing connections

Hello there, just a quick question.....Can someone please explain the concept that enables you to establish a connection using the same userId Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Problem while establishing ISAKMP in ipsec

Hi, I am facing problem while setting up ISAKMP between two hosts. I can see only the Initiator messages but no responder messages in tcpdump. Does anyone know the cause of this behaviour? FYI, here is the extracted information from tcpdump : 14:47:08.699113 IP 10.118.231.143.isakmp >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: universalTechie
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem establishing Connection on the LAN

Hi everybody i need your help on this I have LAN which run Sun microsystem with solaris 7 OS on each of the servers. The LAN was working fine before an interruption of power supply which makes servers to operating as standalone servers. i.e none of the servers have access to one another. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmada
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Need to check the connectivity between 2 servers

Hi All, I need an automation script to check the connectivity between 2 UNIX servers. Could anybody please help in this regards? regards, janardhan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
1 Replies

5. SuSE

NoMachine NX window closes after establishing connection

Hi, I am trying to use nomachine nx server and client. But somehow it doen't work. What happens is the following: 1.- Client starts up 2.- Client authenticates with Server 3.- The NoMachine window appears for 2-4 seconds 4.- The NoMachine window exists Somehow a "closeEvent" is sent.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackicecube
3 Replies

6. Solaris

connectivity between servers

We have two servers A and B (both running Solaris 10) out of which one is application server and the other is database server. The two servers faced certain network issues and the two servers were temporarily disconnected.this happened around 5AM GMT monday.Can anyone suggest some log files or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Connectivity problem in two servers.

HI I have made a connection with external server which is also UNIX. I was tryign connectivity with this by telnet which fails and ping i sshowing socket is alive and traceroute tells the asterisk astersik:traceroute to 153.88.182.28 (153.88.182.28), 30 hops max, 8080 byte packets 1 * * * 2 *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Ftp connectivity between two UNIX servers

Hi All I am having issues using ftp between a solaris 10 server to a HP-UX 11.31 server, but from the solaris server to the hp-ux I am able to ping. This is what I have done so far: in the solaris server: root@MPCRS01 # svcs -a | grep ftp online Jul_26 svc:/network/ftp:default... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies

9. IP Networking

Help with to check the tcp network connectivity between servers and hosts

ello, i am new to the networking side. I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. please help me where i am going wrong. my code: #!/bin/bash #read the file line by line cd "$1" cat... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
17 Replies
ovs-vlan-test(1)						Open vSwitch Manual						  ovs-vlan-test(1)

NAME
ovs-vlan-test - check Linux drivers for problems with vlan traffic SYNOPSIS
ovs-vlan-test [-s | --server] control_ip vlan_ip Common options: [-h | --help] [-V | --version] DESCRIPTION
The ovs-vlan-test utility has some limitations, for example, it does not use TCP in its tests. Also it does not take into account MTU to detect potential edge cases. To overcome those limitations a new tool was developed - ovs-test. ovs-test is currently supported only on Debian so, if possible try to use that on instead of ovs-vlan-test. The ovs-vlan-test program may be used to check for problems sending 802.1Q traffic which may occur when running Open vSwitch. These prob- lems can occur when Open vSwitch is used to send 802.1Q traffic through physical interfaces running certain drivers of certain Linux kernel versions. To run a test, configure Open vSwitch to tag traffic originating from vlan_ip and forward it out the target interface. Then run the ovs-vlan-test in client mode connecting to an ovs-vlan-test server. ovs-vlan-test will display "OK" if it did not detect problems. Some examples of the types of problems that may be encountered are: o When NICs use VLAN stripping on receive they must pass a pointer to a vlan_group when reporting the stripped tag to the networking core. If no vlan_group is in use then some drivers just drop the extracted tag. Drivers are supposed to only enable stripping if a vlan_group is registered but not all of them do that. o On receive, some drivers handle priority tagged packets specially and don't pass the tag onto the network stack at all, so Open vSwitch never has a chance to see it. o Some drivers size their receive buffers based on whether a vlan_group is enabled, meaning that a maximum size packet with a VLAN tag will not fit if no vlan_group is configured. o On transmit, some drivers expect that VLAN acceleration will be used if it is available, which can only be done if a vlan_group is configured. In these cases, the driver may fail to parse the packet and correctly setup checksum offloading or TSO. Client Mode An ovs-vlan-test client may be run on a host to check for VLAN connectivity problems. The client must be able to establish HTTP connec- tions with an ovs-vlan-test server located at the specified control_ip address. UDP traffic sourced at vlan_ip should be tagged and directed out the interface whose connectivity is being tested. Server Mode To conduct tests, an ovs-vlan-test server must be running on a host known not to have VLAN connectivity problems. The server must have a control_ip on a non-VLAN network which clients can establish connectivity with. It must also have a vlan_ip address on a VLAN network which clients will use to test their VLAN connectivity. Multiple clients may test against a single ovs-vlan-test server concurrently. OPTIONS
-s, --server Run in server mode. -h, --help Prints a brief help message to the console. -V, --version Prints version information to the console. EXAMPLES
Display the Linux kernel version and driver of eth1. uname -r ethtool -i eth1 Set up a bridge which forwards traffic originating from 1.2.3.4 out eth1 with VLAN tag 10. ovs-vsctl -- add-br vlan-br -- add-port vlan-br eth1 -- add-port vlan-br vlan-br-tag tag=10 -- set Interface vlan-br-tag type=internal ifconfig vlan-br-tag up 1.2.3.4 Run an ovs-vlan-test server listening for client control traffic on 172.16.0.142 port 8080 and VLAN traffic on the default port of 1.2.3.3. ovs-vlan-test -s 172.16.0.142:8080 1.2.3.3 Run an ovs-vlan-test client with a control server located at 172.16.0.142 port 8080 and a local VLAN ip of 1.2.3.4. ovs-vlan-test 172.16.0.142:8080 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO ovs-vswitchd(8), ovs-ofctl(8), ovs-vsctl(8), ovs-test(8), ethtool(8), uname(1) Open vSwitch December 2010 ovs-vlan-test(1)