Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format? Post 303013293 by rdrtx1 on Monday 19th of February 2018 09:02:24 AM
Old 02-19-2018
If file does not recognize the format then the result is just an educated guess. binary is not an encoding character set. Run iconv -l to get a list of supported character sets. Not sure about the default settings for vsql -c. Maybe a man or help on vsql will tell you the defaults. If UTF-16 (or any from the list that was used to encode), then use:
Code:
iconv -f UTF-16 -t UTF-8 input.csv -o output.csv

Last edited by rdrtx1; 02-19-2018 at 07:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to create an output file as a table

Hi, I have four input files and would like to create an output file as a table. Please check the example below. File 1. 111111 222222 333333 444444 File 2. 555555 666666 777777 888888 File 3. aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelus
2 Replies

2. Programming

Create table with date format.

Hello, Could you please let me know the correct format of CREATE TABLE statement with DATE format. CREATE TABLE EMP_TABLE1 ( NAME VARCHAR(6) PRIMARY KEY, ADDRESS VARCHAR(6), BIRTH_DATE DATE ); I want BIRTH_DATE to be in "YYYYMMDDHHMISS" format. How we can create table with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in table format

I have one script which generate file called report.txt having following output parameter_name status comment banking ok NA finance 30% hike NA Loan_department ok 20% HR_Group defaulters Ajay I wanted to convert this file into tabular form. You can see each line contain 3 words and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

7. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the output in the mentioned Table format

Hi Friends, I have the script output like below: Script Output: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Details of the Client: ----------------------- name: server1; save set: All; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akmani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create .nfo file in ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8

Hey guys, I have a little problem, Let's say I create this script : #!/bin/sh nfo_file="/home/admin/info.nfo" echo "▒▒█ Hello █▒▒" > $nfo_fileIt seems to be okay : cat /home/admin/info.nfo ▒▒█ Hello █▒▒file -bi /home/admin/info.nfo text/plain; charset=utf-8But when I open it in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoinelomb
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output format like table

Hi, OS: Redhat 7.5 shell: Bash Wrote below script to login into oracle via shell script and trying to reset locked account..It works as expected. But I need specific output << EOF should go to target terminal not all out put running below script from ansible command line.. #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
MANCONV(1)							Manual pager utils							MANCONV(1)

NAME
manconv - convert manual page from one encoding to another SYNOPSIS
manconv -f from-code[:from-code...] -t to-code [-dqhV] [filename] DESCRIPTION
manconv converts a manual page from one encoding to another, like iconv. Unlike iconv, it can try multiple possible input encodings in sequence. This is useful for manual pages installed in directories without an explicit encoding declaration, since they may be in UTF-8 or in a legacy character set. If an encoding declaration is found on the first line of the manual page, that declaration overrides any input encodings specified on man- conv's command line. Encoding declarations have the following form: '" -*- coding: UTF-8 -*- or (if manual page preprocessors are also to be declared): '" t -*- coding: ISO-8859-1 -*- OPTIONS
-f encodings, --from-code encodings Try each of encodings (a colon-separated list) in sequence as the input encoding. -t encoding, --to-code encoding Convert the manual page to encoding. -q, --quiet Do not issue error messages when the page cannot be converted. -d, --debug Print debugging information. -h, --help Print a help message and exit. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), man(1) AUTHOR
Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org). 2.8.3 2018-04-05 MANCONV(1)