Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp in a crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp in a crontab Post 303013183 by Corona688 on Friday 16th of February 2018 10:45:51 AM
Old 02-16-2018
Not ~/.profile, . ~/.profile The first . means source, "load this file". Its your profile and should set up PATH properly etc for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab help

I have made changes to crontab using: crontab -e I then save them with :wq but the changes aren't being seen. The file mod date has not changed. What am I doing wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab in HP-UX

Hello! I have a problem on adding a new crontab. Currently we have a running jobs scheduled on a crontab and they are all successfully running. However, when adding or inserting a new scheduled job, the script doesn't work. Is there any limitations on this? Please advise. Thank you very... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
13 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab

How can i schedule a batch job/script to run every minute every day? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Programming

SFTP fails from crontab but works from terminal

Dear community, I'm driving crazy with a strange issue. I have a simple script to transfer a file to a remote system:#!/bin/bash echo "put /tmp/server.log" > /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp sftp -b /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp user@10.99.1.2:Between client and server there is a SSH KEY, so if I run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

Hello, I have a situation with crontab command on AIX , when i run a script with crontab i receive empty output , when i run it manually i have information in it,beside the empty output ,SAS log is empty too, i don't know why isn't creating it , could someone told me how could verify crontab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
3 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [ -u user ] file crontab [ -u user ] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the allow file does not exist but the deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)