Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh - Read input from file and output CSV i same row Post 303013115 by JayJay2018 on Thursday 15th of February 2018 07:50:34 AM
Old 02-15-2018
sed works !

Robin, Andrew, thanks for your reply

The sed solution works perfectly! Genius! Smilie

thanks again

Jay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
25 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH] Creating automatic variable from read input

Hello there, I am posting to seek help with a KSH script, I am making a simple calculation program where the user can enter as many numbers as they like, I am getting their input using the read command, however I am not sure how to repeat doing this and storing the input in to new variables... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandapowerbox
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple input from CLI :ksh

Hi folks.. i got a requirement to red multiple directories from STDIN and store them to a variable. ex:- echo "Enter directory to add:" echo " Enter directory to add:" read value till there is input and when there is no input close the read loop and store variable into an array ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bangaram
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh using input file with output going to same file name and location

I've been asked if I can write a "quick" little ksh script that will do the following: java java_class_file /dir/input_file.xml /dir/output_file.xml I'm a complete newbie with ksh so any help would be appreciated. This is on AIX and java is found in /usr/java5/jre/bin/java (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_ksh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file from input and redirect to output file

Hi , i am having an file which contains 5 file_name data, i need to read the file name and will perform certain operation and generate out file names with named as 5 individual file_names for eg: file.txt contains file_name1.txt|hai file_name2.txt|bye file_name3.txt|how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh loop to read input until QUIT

Hi I'm looking to write a simple ksh loop reading user input (and write it to a file) until the user enters QUIT at which point I want it to continue. Does anyone have an example of this type of loop? Any help much appreciated Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to read input until QUI

Hello all I'm looking to write a simple script (ksh/sh/bsh) to read user input and write it to a file (adding each time) until the user enters QUIT at which point I'm hoping to ask some more questions. Any help much apprecited (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
print(1)							   User Commands							  print(1)

NAME
print - shell built-in function to output characters to the screen or window SYNOPSIS
ksh print [ -Rnprsu [n]] [arg...] DESCRIPTION
ksh The shell output mechanism. With no flags or with flag - or -, the arguments are printed on standard output as described by echo(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n suppresses new-line from being added to the output. -R -r (raw mode) ignore the escape conventions of echo. The -R option will print all subsequent arguments and options other than -n. -p causes the arguments to be written onto the pipe of the process spawned with |& instead of standard output. -s causes the arguments to be written onto the history file instead of standard output. -u [ n ] flag can be used to specify a one digit file descriptor unit number n on which the output will be placed. The default is 1. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 Output file is not open for writing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
echo(1), ksh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 print(1)