Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup (create image) SunOS 5.10 sparc? Post 303013108 by hicksd8 on Thursday 15th of February 2018 06:03:50 AM
Old 02-15-2018
I wasn't proposing that you copy it to use (locally), only to prove that a remote node is allowed to read it. If you:

Code:
# cp <remote node>:<dir>/<dir>/<flashfile> /tmp

does it complain or begin the copy. Obviously, interrupt it if it start to copy.

Last edited by hicksd8; 02-16-2018 at 05:39 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DES3 encryption in SunOS sparc

Hi, I want to encrypt a unix file using the des3 algorithm. Seems that there are no standard unix utilities readily available. Can you please suggest how I can encrypt a unix file using des3 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samuel.vincent
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it?

Disk is: c0t1d0 partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 38307 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 unassigned wm 0 - 38306 74.53GB (38307/0/0) 156292560 1 unassigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)