Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Many processes running at the same time Post 303012967 by beautymind on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 03:45:32 AM
Old 02-13-2018
Unfortunately I can't post the script because it is strictly forbidden as I'm working on a confidential project.
My question is : how can I do so that the process takes less time ? knowing that the script load files on HDFS
Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

parsing currently running processes

Hey guys, I'm writing a monitoring program that reads the pattern and the max and min number of instances of a process and then proceeds to parse the currently running processes for the pattern. I just want to know how I should go about this. I'll give you an idea of the flow of the program:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring running processes

I have a script that runs continuously and will deliver a file to multiple servers via scp. On occasions one of the scp's will hang and as a result not complete in sending the remaining files and not loop around again. If I run the scp commands with a & they'll complete, but I want to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

3. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running two processes in parellel

I have a script something like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh CLASSPATH=/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2java.zip:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/java/db2jcc.jar:/apps/opt/db2udb/admin/db2bdt/sqllib/function:$CLASSPATH export CLASSPATH ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

8. Linux

Running processes

Hi guys is it normal to have 5-10 cron/syslog processes running... in my case i got 10 cron process running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi threading - running multiple processes at the same time

so i've been using this a lot in a lot of my scripts: ( columnA & columnAPID=$! & columnB & columnBPID=$! & columnC & columnCPID=$! &) & wait ${columnAPID} wait ${columnBPID} wait ${columnCPID} It seems to work as ive seen it dramatically reduce run time of my scripts. however, i'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes running response time

Hi All I have been asked to write scripts within our monitoring tool for a vast requirement set. One of the requirements is below: • Lowest, Highest & Average response times of the Documentum process threads serving client requests Essentially they want a view where we can see the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
4 Replies