Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp in a crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp in a crontab Post 303012921 by RudiC on Monday 12th of February 2018 12:18:11 PM
Old 02-12-2018
There have been questions asked that you didn't answer yet. Your chances of getting a reasonable hint depend on / increase with your answers given... You should supply any detail possible for error analysis and elimination.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab help

I have made changes to crontab using: crontab -e I then save them with :wq but the changes aren't being seen. The file mod date has not changed. What am I doing wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab in HP-UX

Hello! I have a problem on adding a new crontab. Currently we have a running jobs scheduled on a crontab and they are all successfully running. However, when adding or inserting a new scheduled job, the script doesn't work. Is there any limitations on this? Please advise. Thank you very... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
13 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab

How can i schedule a batch job/script to run every minute every day? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Programming

SFTP fails from crontab but works from terminal

Dear community, I'm driving crazy with a strange issue. I have a simple script to transfer a file to a remote system:#!/bin/bash echo "put /tmp/server.log" > /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp sftp -b /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp user@10.99.1.2:Between client and server there is a SSH KEY, so if I run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

Hello, I have a situation with crontab command on AIX , when i run a script with crontab i receive empty output , when i run it manually i have information in it,beside the empty output ,SAS log is empty too, i don't know why isn't creating it , could someone told me how could verify crontab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
3 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)