Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need to end Backup Process SCO Openserver 5 Post 303012918 by RudiC on Monday 12th of February 2018 12:09:00 PM
Old 02-12-2018
Are you able to get to the command line. e.g by interrupting the menu (e.g. <Ctrl>C) , or by logging in as a different user? Is your sysadmin able to jump in?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Process table overflow

Hello guys. This is the error that i'm getting , once i get the error i have to turn off my server ( is the only way to get it up and running again). I encreased the size of that table but still getting the same error , is there anything that i can do to stop getting this error. I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Hung process problem

Hi guys I installed this new server with 5.0.7 openserver and i'm getting a lot of this process, if a stop and restart the printer spooler they go away but after a few minutes they appear again.This is how it looks like. root 372 615 0 - - 00:00:00 <defunct> root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

7. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies

8. SCO

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0 Dear all I am using sco openserver 5.0. I wanted to take backup of two folder (each 600 MB size) with lot of files. I used to take backup using tar command daily using a script. But the same takes more time. Is there any way to take backup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
0 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency Help about backup of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzad226
1 Replies

10. SCO

Help about create backup of SCO openserver 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: farzad226
14 Replies
SYSADMIN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SYSADMIN(1)

NAME
sysadmin - responsible for everything imaginable that may or may not have to do with the system you're using. Contraction of "system" and "administrator" SYNOPSIS
sysadmin [-ab] [-cd] [-ef] etc...... DESCRIPTION
sysadmin takes care of everything, is generally harangued, must be supplied with coffee, chocolate, and alcohol in order to function prop- erly, cannot be exposed to direct sunlight, and must not be allowed to have a life. sysadmin is not intended as a user interface routine; other programs provide user-friendly front ends; sysadmin is used by everyone who can track him [her] down. With no flags, sysadmin reads its standard input up to an EOF, or a line which sysadmin wishes to parse, and then proceeds to ignore it entirely and read news all day. When invoked with the -w option, sysadmin reads standard input and responds according to terms of job description. OPTIONS
-bofh Go into Bastard Operator From Hell mode. This option causes sysadmin to use tools stored in the /usr/lib/bofh directory to parse the standard input and route user tasks appropriately. -cd causes sysadmin to become caffeine-deprived, resulting in system slowdowns. -b causes the sysadmin to function normally while augmenting the standard input with beer(5). Can be used with the -t option as well, depending upon which version of sysadmin you are running. -t causes the sysadmin to smoke tobacco, which can result in significant performance improvement, provided you are running the correct version of sysadmin. -Cfile Specify an alternate configuration file (sysadmin.cf is the standard). -dX set debuggin value to X. -fFullname Set the full name of the sysadmin. -Bf Create the sysadmin.cf configuration freeze file. -lname Sets the name of the "luser" person (that is, originator of a given request). -l can only be used by "trusted" users (who are listed in sysadmin.cf). NOTES
The -t option should not be used with a version of sysadmin which is not capable of parsing tobacco input. Though the functionality of this command may seem similar to the -b option, it should not be confused with that or the related -c option. 25 September 1995 SYSADMIN(1)