Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need to end Backup Process SCO Openserver 5 Post 303012917 by hicksd8 on Monday 12th of February 2018 12:07:48 PM
Old 02-12-2018
Do you have the 'root' password for this box?

If you enter ALT-F2 (also try ALT-2) do you get a login prompt if you press return a couple of times?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Process table overflow

Hello guys. This is the error that i'm getting , once i get the error i have to turn off my server ( is the only way to get it up and running again). I encreased the size of that table but still getting the same error , is there anything that i can do to stop getting this error. I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 Hung process problem

Hi guys I installed this new server with 5.0.7 openserver and i'm getting a lot of this process, if a stop and restart the printer spooler they go away but after a few minutes they appear again.This is how it looks like. root 372 615 0 - - 00:00:00 <defunct> root ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

6. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

7. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies

8. SCO

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0

Incremental Backup using TAR in sco Openserver 5.0 Dear all I am using sco openserver 5.0. I wanted to take backup of two folder (each 600 MB size) with lot of files. I used to take backup using tar command daily using a script. But the same takes more time. Is there any way to take backup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamcalicut
0 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency Help about backup of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzad226
1 Replies

10. SCO

Help about create backup of SCO openserver 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: farzad226
14 Replies
UTEMPTER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       UTEMPTER(3)

NAME
utempter_add_record, utempter_remove_added_record, utempter_remove_record, utempter_set_helper -- utempter interface SYNOPSIS
#include <utempter.h> int utempter_add_record(int fd, const char *host); int utempter_remove_added_record(void); int utempter_remove_record(int fd); void utempter_set_helper(const char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
utempter_add_record() function adds a login record to the database for the TTY belonging to the pseudo-terminal master file descriptor fd, using the username corresponding with the real user ID of the calling process and the optional hostname host. This function spawns a privi- leged process to perform the actual logging. utempter_remove_record() function marks the login session as being closed for the TTY belonging to the pseudo-terminal master file descriptor fd. This function spawns a privileged process to perform the actual logging. utempter_remove_added_record() function has the same properties as the previously mentioned function, except that it uses an internally cached value of the file descriptor passed to the login functions. utempter_set_helper() function changes default helper path to the specified value. The pointer passed to this function must remain valid all the time while utempter interface is in use. RETURN VALUES
On error, zero is returned. On success, a non-zero value is returned. NOTES
During execution of the privileged process spawned by these functions, SIGCHLD signal handler will be temporarily set to the default action. SEE ALSO
pututline(3), sigaction(3), updwtmp(3). HISTORY
These functions appeared in ALT Linux Sisyphus in October 2001. ALT Linux November 4, 2010 ALT Linux