Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup (create image) SunOS 5.10 sparc? Post 303012865 by 2fat2fly on Sunday 11th of February 2018 11:10:03 PM
Old 02-12-2018
hicksd8, could u recommend me any liveCD, wich supports SPARC cpu, memory?
Google recommended me this product: system-rescue-cd.org/SystemRescueCd_for_Sparc/
tnx in advise

___ upd: sparc 240 does not support external usb cdrom Smilie pls kill me someone)

___upd2. ok, now im doing flar archive of OS. and later will try to recover a new server from the flar archive which will be located on the external hdd drive

Code:
 # flarcreate -c -n "icr001"  -R / -x /mnt  /mnt/usb/icr001.flar
Full Flash
Checking integrity...
Integrity OK.
Running precreation scripts...
Precreation scripts done.
Determining the size of the archive...

Last edited by 2fat2fly; 02-12-2018 at 03:53 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DES3 encryption in SunOS sparc

Hi, I want to encrypt a unix file using the des3 algorithm. Seems that there are no standard unix utilities readily available. Can you please suggest how I can encrypt a unix file using des3 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samuel.vincent
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it?

Disk is: c0t1d0 partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 38307 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 unassigned wm 0 - 38306 74.53GB (38307/0/0) 156292560 1 unassigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
ARCHIVE_READ_FILTER(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				    ARCHIVE_READ_FILTER(3)

NAME
archive_read_support_filter_all, archive_read_support_filter_bzip2, archive_read_support_filter_compress, archive_read_support_filter_gzip, archive_read_support_filter_lzma, archive_read_support_filter_none, archive_read_support_filter_xz, archive_read_support_filter_program, archive_read_support_filter_program_signature -- functions for reading streaming archives LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> int archive_read_support_filter_all(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_bzip2(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_compress(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_gzip(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_lzma(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_none(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_xz(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_filter_program(struct archive *, const char *cmd); int archive_read_support_filter_program_signature(struct archive *, const char *cmd, const void *signature, size_t signature_length); DESCRIPTION
archive_read_support_filter_bzip2(), archive_read_support_filter_compress(), archive_read_support_filter_gzip(), archive_read_support_filter_lzma(), archive_read_support_filter_none(), archive_read_support_filter_xz() Enables auto-detection code and decompression support for the specified compression. These functions may fall back on external pro- grams if an appropriate library was not available at build time. Decompression using an external program is usually slower than decompression through built-in libraries. Note that ``none'' is always enabled by default. archive_read_support_filter_all() Enables all available decompression filters. archive_read_support_filter_program() Data is fed through the specified external program before being dearchived. Note that this disables automatic detection of the com- pression format, so it makes no sense to specify this in conjunction with any other decompression option. archive_read_support_filter_program_signature() This feeds data through the specified external program but only if the initial bytes of the data match the specified signature value. RETURN VALUES
These functions return ARCHIVE_OK if the compression is fully supported, ARCHIVE_WARN if the compression is supported only through an exter- nal program. archive_read_support_filter_none() always succeeds. ERRORS
Detailed error codes and textual descriptions are available from the archive_errno() and archive_error_string() functions. SEE ALSO
libarchive(3), archive_read(3), archive_read_data(3), archive_read_format(3), archive_read_format(3) BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD