Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows Post 303012843 by RudiC on Saturday 10th of February 2018 01:50:03 PM
Old 02-10-2018
Please clarify: Do you want
  • database tables modified or inserted using
    • db internal tools (artisan[?] / SQL / ...)
    • external tools working on query results
  • output files to be operated upon
    • with which tools
    • with which results (store / print / transfer / ...)

Last edited by RudiC; 02-10-2018 at 04:13 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

flags to suppress column output, # of rows selected in db2 sql in UNIX

Hello, I am new to db2 SQL in unix so bear with me while I try to explain the situation. I have a text file that has the contents of the where condition that I am using for a db2 SQL in UNIX ksh. Here is the snippet. if ; then echo "Begin processing VALUEs" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert rows into column

if u have a data 2 4 6 8 5 4 4 5 6 then result shud be like 2 4 6 7 5 4 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column to rows

Hi, I have a file with below contents. Heading1 Heading2 Heading3 Heading4 Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 The file has only 2 rows and is tab separated The desired output is : Heading1 Value1 Heading2 Value2 Heading3 Value3 Heading4 Value4 CAn you please help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaponeh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the multi column rows

abc xyz - - - - - - - - - - - How to sort the second column in ascending order. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert values in a line to rows?

hi, I am basically running a sql that returns me values and I have stored them to a variable for example value of the variable will be: 123 124 345 now I want to write values stored in the variable into a file as 123 124 345 thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Rows into Column

Hi Experts, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. For e.g. Input File: Output File should be like Appreciate if you could suggest code snippet(may be awk) for above requirement... Thanks in Advance for your help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column data values to rows

Hi all , I have a file with the below content Header Section employee|employee name||Job description|Job code|Unitcode|Account|geography|C1|C2|C3|C4|C5|C6|C7|C8|C9|Csource|Oct|Nov|Dec|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep Data section ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Programming

DB2 Query to pick hierarchy values

Dear Team I am using DB2 v9 . I have a condition to check roles based on hierarchies like below example. 1.Ramesh has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" 2.KITS has Roles as "Interviewer" 3.ANAND has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" select * FROM TESTING NAME ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DB2 Query modification to remove duplicate values using LISTAGG function

I am using DB2 v9 and trying to get country values in comma seperated format using below query SELECT distinct LISTAGG(COUNTRIES, ',') WITHIN GROUP(ORDER BY EMPLOYEE) FROM LOCATION ; Output Achieved MEXICO,UNITED STATES,INDIA,JAPAN,UNITED KINGDOM,MEXICO,UNITED STATES The table... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
DB2_STATISTICS(3)							 1							 DB2_STATISTICS(3)

db2_statistics - Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_statistics (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table-name, bool $unique) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema that contains the targeted table. If this parameter is NULL, the statistics and indexes are returned for the schema of the current user. o $table_name - The name of the table. o $unique - An integer value representing the type of index information to return. o $0 - Return only the information for unique indexes on the table. o $1 - Return the information for all indexes on the table. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the statistics and indexes for the base tables matching the specified parameters. The rows are composed of the following columns: +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | The catalog that contains the table. The value is | | | NULL if this table does not have catalogs. | | | | | TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema that contains the table. | | | | | TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table. | | | | | NON_UNIQUE | | | | | | | An integer value representing whether the index | | | prohibits unique values, or whether the row rep- | | | resents statistics on the table itself: | | | | | | box, tab (|); c | c | . T{ Return value | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |0 (SQL_FALSE) | | | | | | | The index allows duplicate values. | | | | |1 (SQL_TRUE) | | | | | | | The index values must be unique. | | | | | | | | NULL | | | | | | | This row is statistics information for the table | | | itself. | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ INDEX_QUALIFIER T} |T{ A string value representing the qualifier that would have to be prepended to INDEX_NAME to fully qualify the index. T} T{ INDEX_NAME T} |T{ A string representing the name of the index. T} T{ TYPE T} |T{ An integer value representing the type of information contained in this row of the result set: +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Return value | | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0 (SQL_TABLE_STAT) | | | | | | | The row contains statistics about the table | | | itself. | | | | |1 (SQL_INDEX_CLUSTERED) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a clustered | | | index. | | | | | 2 (SQL_INDEX_HASH) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a hashed | | | index. | | | | | 3 (SQL_INDEX_OTHER) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a type of | | | index that is neither clustered nor hashed. | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ ORDINAL_POSITION T} |T{ The 1-indexed position of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ COLUMN_NAME T} |T{ The name of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ ASC_OR_DESC T} |T{ A if the column is sorted in ascending order, D if the column is sorted in descending order, NULL if the row contains statistics informa- tion about the table itself. T} T{ CARDINALITY T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of unique values in the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of rows in the table. T} T{ PAGES T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the table. T} T{ FILTER_CONDITION T} |T{ Always returns NULL. T} SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_spe- cial_columns(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_STATISTICS(3)