Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep for multiple string
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Grep for multiple string Post 303012785 by RudiC on Friday 9th of February 2018 03:19:39 AM
Old 02-09-2018
No hard criteria given... try
Code:
sed 's/\..*$/./' file
fish map.
go to.

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with grep on search string in a txt file over multiple files

I have a couple of things I got stuck on 1) I have a text file containing 25k search string that I need to search against compressed file. I have used this command but somehow it doesn't seems to use all the search terms. I have put one search string per line in the txt file (I clean up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m00
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use grep: finding a string with double quotes and multiple digits

I have a file with a lot of lines (a lot!) that contain 10 digits between double quotes. ie "1726937489". The digits are random throughout, but always contain ten digits. I can not for the life of me, (via scouring the internet and grep how-to manuals) figure out how to find this when I search.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: titusbass
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple string from input

How can I grep multiple strings from an input, strings are separated by space. Strings to grep: 7680FR 6791HH 1234AA Input: AA 7680FR AA 6891HH AA 6791UA BB 9834HA BB 1434AB DD 1234AA DD 6991HH DD 6791HH Required output: AA 7680FR (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Results of Grep in one Line/String?

Hello, I have a Textfile sees like this "Word1":aksdfjaksdf "Word2":askdfjalsdkfdlsjfasldfj "This is Word3":asdfkjalskdfj what i need is a string which sees like this Word1;Word2;This is Word3 Conclusion always the text within "" which is before the : i tried it with grep.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwordMaster
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single grep to multiple strings with separate output per string

I need to grep multiple strings from a particular file. I found the use of egrep "String1|String2|String3" file.txt | wc-l Now what I'm really after is that I need to separate word count per each string found. I am trying to keep it to use the grep only 1 time. Can you guys help ? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple words in a file with help of fixed string switch

I have multiple strings in a file which have special character $, when i search strings by ignoring $ with \ using single quotes it returns empty results. My search strings are set char_1($lock) and set new_char_clear_3($unlock) I tried searching with but it returns empty results.However... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_eashwar
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)