Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy of array by index value fails Post 303012775 by LMHmedchem on Thursday 8th of February 2018 09:53:57 PM
Old 02-08-2018
In so far as I have tested this, it works and gives the same output as my script.

Just to illustrate the difference between a working solution and a well formed solution, my script took 16+ minutes to reformat a file,
Code:
time ./_reformat.sh  044_MF_L-anserine.sdf  044_MF_L-anserine_mod.sdf  CompoundName  Identifier InChI=  044_

real    16m49.969s
user    1m34.920s
sys     2m9.546s

The code posted by Chubler_XL processed the same file in just over 1 second.
Code:
time ./_reformat4.sh  044_MF_L-anserine.sdf  044_MF_L-anserine_mod.sdf  CompoundName  Identifier InChI=  044_

real    0m1.219s
user    0m0.920s
sys     0m0.045s

Thanks, this will save many hours of waiting for my code to finish.

LMHmedchem
This User Gave Thanks to LMHmedchem For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when assign the array with the string index

I come across the problems when assigning the array in the script below . How to use the array with the 'string index' correctly ? When I assign a new string index , the array elements that are previously assigned are all changed .:eek::eek::eek: $ array=211 $ echo ${array} 211 $... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sql variable as array index

hi folks i am facing problom while trying to access sql variable as array index ina unix shell script....script goes as below.. #!/bin/ksh MAX=3 for elem in alpha beeta gaama do arr=$elem ((x=x+1)) Done SQL_SERVER='servername' /apps/sun5/utils/sqsh -S $SQL_SERVER -U user -P pwd -b -h... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array index help

$ cat file.txt A|X|20 A|Y|20 A|X|30 A|Z|20 B|X|10 A|Y|40 Summing up $NF based on first 2 fields, $ awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {OFS="|"} { sum += $NF } END { for (f in sum) print f,sum } ' file.txt o/p: A|X|50 A|Y|60 A|Z|20 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwork72
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic index for array in while loop

Hi, I'm just trying to use a dynamic index for some array elements that I'm accessing within a loop. Specifically, I want to access an array at variable position $counter and then also at location $counter + 1 and $counter + 2 (the second and third array positions after it) but I keep getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weak_code-fu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search array and print index in ksh

Hi, I am using KSH shell to do some programming. I want to search array and print index value of the array. Example.. nodeval4workflow="DESCRIPTION ="" ISENABLED ="YES" ISVALID ="YES" NAME="TESTVALIDATION" set -A strwfVar $nodeval4workflow strwfVar=DESCRIPTION=""... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

build array name based on loop index

Hi, I am new to perl and I have the following query please help here. I have following array variables declaration @pld1 = qw(00 01 02 03 04 05); @pld2 = qw(10 11 12 13 14 15); for(my $k=1;$k<=2;$k++) { //I want here to use @pld1 if $k is 1 // and @pld2 if $k is 2. How to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index problem in associate array in awk

I am trying to reformat the table by filling any missing rows. The final table will have consecutive IDs in the first column. My problem is the index of the associate array in the awk script. infile: S01 36407 53706 88540 S02 69343 87098 87316 S03 50133 59721 107923... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies
FMCS(1) 							   User Commands							   FMCS(1)

NAME
fmcs - fmcs DESCRIPTION
usage: fmcs [-h] [--maximize {atoms,bonds}] [--min-num-atoms INT] [--compare {topology,elements,types}] [--atom-compare {any,elements,isotopes}] [--bond-compare {any,bondtypes}] [--atom-class-tag TAG] [--ring-matches-ring-only] [--complete-rings-only] [--select SELECT] [--timeout SECONDS] [--output FILENAME] [--output-format {smarts,fragment-smiles,fragment-sdf,complete-sdf}] [--output-all] [--save-atom-class-tag TAG] [--save-counts-tag TAG] [--save-atom-indices-tag TAG] [--save-smarts-tag TAG] [--save-smiles-tag TAG] [--times] [-v] [--version] filename Find the maximum common substructure of a set of structures positional arguments: filename SDF or SMILES file optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --maximize {atoms,bonds} Maximize the number of 'atoms' or 'bonds' in the MCS. (Default: bonds) --min-num-atoms INT Minimimum number of atoms in the MCS (Default: 2) --compare {topology,elements,types} Use 'topology' as a shorthand for '--atom-compare any --bond-compare any', 'elements' is '--atom-compare elements --bond-compare any', and 'types' is '--atomcompare elements --bond-compare bondtypes' (Default: types) --atom-compare {any,elements,isotopes} Specify the atom comparison method. With 'any', every atom matches every other atom. With 'elements', atoms match only if they con- tain the same element. With 'isotopes', atoms match only if they have the same isotope number; element information is ignored so [5C] and [5P] are identical. This can be used to implement user-defined atom typing. (Default: elements) --bond-compare {any,bondtypes} Specify the bond comparison method. With 'any', every bond matches every other bond. With 'bondtypes', bonds are the same only if their bond types are the same. (Default: bondtypes) --atom-class-tag TAG Use atom class assignments from the field 'TAG'. The tag data must contain a space separated list of integers in the range 1-10000, one for each atom. Atoms are identical if and only if their corresponding atom classes are the same. Note that '003' and '3' are treated as identical values. (Not used by default) --ring-matches-ring-only Modify the bond comparison so that ring bonds only match ring bonds and chain bonds only match chain bonds. (Ring atoms can still match non-ring atoms.) --complete-rings-only If a bond is a ring bond in the input structures and a bond is in the MCS then the bond must also be in a ring in the MCS. Selecting this option also enables --ring-matches-ring-only. --select SELECT Select a subset of the input records to process. Example: 1-10,13,20,50- (Default: '1-', which selects all structures) --timeout SECONDS Report the best solution after running for at most 'timeout' seconds. Use 'none' for no timeout. (Default: none) --output FILENAME, -o FILENAME Write the results to FILENAME (Default: use stdout) --output-format {smarts,fragment-smiles,fragment-sdf,complete-sdf} 'smarts' writes the SMARTS pattern including the atom and bond criteria. 'fragment-smiles' writes a matching fragment as a SMILES string. 'fragment-sdf' writes a matching fragment as a SD file; see --save-atom-class for details on how atom class information is saved. 'complete-sdf' writes the entire SD file with the fragment information stored in the tag specified by --save-frag- ment-indices-tag. (Default: smarts) --output-all By default the structure output formats only show an MCS for the first input structure. If this option is enabled then an MCS for all of the structures are shown. --save-atom-class-tag TAG If atom classes are specified (via --class-tag) and the output format is 'fragment-sdf' then save the substructure atom classes to the tag TAG, in fragment atom order. By default this is the value of --atomclass-tag. --save-counts-tag TAG Save the fragment count, atom count, and bond count to the specified SD tag as space separated integers, like '1 9 8'. (The fragment count will not be larger than 1 until fmcs supports disconnected MCSes.) --save-atom-indices-tag TAG If atom classes are specified and the output format is 'complete-sdf' then save the MCS fragment atom indices to the tag TAG, in MCS order. (Default: mcs-atomindices) --save-smarts-tag TAG Save the MCS SMARTS to the specified SD tag. Uses '-' if there is no MCS --save-smiles-tag TAG Save the fragment SMILES to the specified SD tag. Uses '-' if there is no MCS --times Print timing information to stderr -v, --verbose Print progress statistics to stderr. Use twice for higher verbosity. --version For more details on these options, see https://bitbucket.org/dalke/fmcs/ fmcs 1.0 June 2012 FMCS(1)