Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp in a crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp in a crontab Post 303012757 by gillesi on Thursday 8th of February 2018 12:51:40 PM
Old 02-08-2018
Sftp in a crontab

Hello All,

My below scripts is not working in crontab by when executed manually it works

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect

spawn sftp username@ip_address
expect "password:"
send "passwd\n";
expect "sftp>"
send "cd /path/paht2/path3\n"
send "put /export/home/file_*.csv\n"
expect "sftp>"
send "bye\n"
interact

Here is the crontab
Code:
35 18 * * * /path/path2/path3/scripts.sh  > /export/home/log 2>&1

Can anyone give me a hint?
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags (not ICODE tags) for full-line and multi-line sample input, output, and code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-08-2018 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Change ICODE tags to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab help

I have made changes to crontab using: crontab -e I then save them with :wq but the changes aren't being seen. The file mod date has not changed. What am I doing wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab in HP-UX

Hello! I have a problem on adding a new crontab. Currently we have a running jobs scheduled on a crontab and they are all successfully running. However, when adding or inserting a new scheduled job, the script doesn't work. Is there any limitations on this? Please advise. Thank you very... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
13 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. AIX

Crontab

How can i schedule a batch job/script to run every minute every day? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Programming

SFTP fails from crontab but works from terminal

Dear community, I'm driving crazy with a strange issue. I have a simple script to transfer a file to a remote system:#!/bin/bash echo "put /tmp/server.log" > /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp sftp -b /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp user@10.99.1.2:Between client and server there is a SSH KEY, so if I run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

Hello, I have a situation with crontab command on AIX , when i run a script with crontab i receive empty output , when i run it manually i have information in it,beside the empty output ,SAS log is empty too, i don't know why isn't creating it , could someone told me how could verify crontab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)