Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server Post 303012671 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 7th of February 2018 12:45:04 PM
Old 02-07-2018
You might also get away with kill -HUP process-id to get syslogd to re-read it's config file rather than a whole stop-start effort. Check the man page for syslog.conf to see if that is allowed (or just syslogd if there isn't a separate man page for the config file)

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

3. AIX

send mail configuration in AIX server

Hi All, How to configure sendmail service in AIX server ? Please tell me what all changes has to be made in sendmail.conf file. Please help in this issue to configure it. Thanks jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack00423
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

5. AIX

Send message from AIX UNIX server

Hi, I want to send SMS from my AIX unix server. Could you please help me? US Service provider: AT & T I tried the below command but message not received. echo "test msg" | /usr/bin/sendmail -v <mobilenumber>@mobile.att.net (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
4 Replies

6. AIX

Send a file from AIX to PCOMM server

Hi folks, I am having an issue here.Currently, my system sends a file from AIX using CICS program to mainframe . However, Now I need to send file from AIX using CICS program or any other alternative to PCOMM server. Can anyone enlighten me !! Rgds, Targetshell (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How can i send Solaris syslog loging server?

HI how can i send solaris syslog to centralized logging server? i have tried adding like below and got error: *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit @172.16.200.50:5000 and the error i got in /var/adm/messages is: Jun 10 13:02:24 aresdb-new.alshaya.com syslogd: line 14:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

Send Audit Events to Syslog

Hi guys, I am currently runnig hp-ux v11.3. I have enabled auditing and I am able to send the audit events to a text file in syslog format using the following command: audisp -r /var/.audit/audtrail/auditfile -P -o follow -O sync | audit_p2l > /var/adm/auditlog I am required to send the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter maisiba
0 Replies

9. AIX

Configure AIX server to send logs and auditing to Qradar

Hi All I need your help to configure Aix to send logs to Qradar, I did all the methods that mentioned in IBM website and no use, Plz Help,, The Logs should I receive from Aix and display in Qradar is (create user delete user changing in privileges....etc ) my skype account khaled_ly84 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syslog-ng not working not collecting logs on rhel

Hi, I need help on syslog-ng on RHEL 7.2. It is working as expected. As per configuration, it is supposed to create authlog, messages and xymessages daily in respective folder of date. But I can see only messages file and that is also not updating well. # ps -ef | grep -i syslog root 22954... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)