Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux find jpg and sort by date Post 303012633 by RudiC on Wednesday 7th of February 2018 04:46:25 AM
Old 02-07-2018
You allude you're using linux in the thread header; so your find version might provide the -ls and / or -printf option to yield the files' modification times for sorting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by Date

I'm looking to edit a file which contains various data including date.(ddmmyyyy) I want to sort by date and then count the number of different dates found Any ideas how to acheive this Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort by the date

Hello World~ Please Help Me(BASH) input: dde,2007.8.25,891 dde,2007.8.23,356 dfe,2007.10.12,341 cba,2005.12.5,342 I wanna know how to sort by the date(2005.12.5) output: cba,2005.12.5,342 dde,2007.8.23,356 dde,2007.8.25,891 dfe,2007.10.12,341 Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find jpg's mkdir script help

I am having a problem getting this to work right. The script needs to search through directories and subdirectories. If a jpg is found then create a folder in that directory, so on and so forth. Here is what I have so far but it doesn't work right. Help please #!/bin/bash for d in `find ./... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jedhypes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the date

Hi All, Please help me to sort the date field which is in the format 2012-02-03 16:09:37.388... Platform: Red Hat linux Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble with find rename jpg command

Hi, I have a large series of directories and subdirectories with many jpgs in them. I need to do two things: 1. Create a copy of each jpg found within it's own subdirectory 2. Rename this copied jpg such that apple.jpg becomes apple_m.jpg I have tried to run the following commands in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atharvan13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by name and date

nawk '$1=="Date" {d=$(NF-2);next} $1=="Queue" {q=$NF;next} $1=="Forms"{print q, $NF, d}' OFS='|' printfile.log I have this script working. Please let me know how to sort by Queue and then Date. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
PMDIRS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMDIRS(1p)

NAME
pmdirs - print out module directories DESCRIPTION
This just prints out the current @INC path, one directory per line. This is for people who don't want to parse through "perl -V" output or hack up their own calls to "perl -e". EXAMPLES
$ pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib/i686-linux /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . This also works for alternate version of Perl: $ filsperl -S pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . SEE ALSO
perlrun(1), perlvar(1), lib(3) AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMDIRS(1p)