Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX with DB2 error status Issue Post 303012631 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 7th of February 2018 02:25:59 AM
Old 02-07-2018
I repeat: If db2 is starting a database operation asynchronously and exiting before that database operation completes, there is no way for a script that invokes db2 to determine what the exit code was (or will be) for the database operation when it completed (or when it completes later).

If you would like to show us the source code for db2 we might be able to help you fix it so that your script can get the data it wants.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with UNIX, awk and DB2

Hi i am working on a script which takes a parameter file as input . this parameter file is having SQL statements. I am fetching column names from the output of SQL file using following code: while read Record1 do SQLQuery=`echo $Record1 | awk '{printf $0 }'` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect status of db2 in Unix shell script

Hi I am trying to connect to db2 database from Unix shell script (k shell) I need to catch the status of connect whether it is succesful or not. ---------------------------------------------------------- # Read login credentials for db2 tput clear echo "Please enter your Userid:\c"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mKarri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 Connect issue

Hi i m trying to connect DB2 via unix. it is successfully connect. but the connect is getting disconnect . below is the query , countvalue=$(db2 "connect to <Database> user <username> using <Password>" | db2 -x 'select count(*) from <tablename>' ); echo $countvalue while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix and db2 where condition issue(new line)

Hi I am extracting a column value(DESCRIPTION) from one table and passing it to another db2 statement in a shell code to fetch some value(ID) but the value when passed in where condition is taking as newline+value. Please find the out put when executed: + echo description is ::::... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msp2244
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to DB2 using UNIX

I am new to Putty, Unix and DB2 and this is what I am working on right now. I installed Putty I got access to username / pwd I got Unix usrname/Pwd.also got the home directory once I login into putty I get the screen and it shows $ sign From here how do I connect to DB2 database? I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

/db2home full issue in db2

Hi all, I am new for linux environment, and i am working as a DBA. I am facing some issues in OS level: In our dev boxes /db2home under this directory i'm not finding any folder but it's showing 98% used . /dev/dm-14 5.0G 4.6G 115M 98% /db2home # ls -lrt total 16... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue on executing db2 queries through shell script

hi i am trying to execute db2 queries through shell script. it's working fine but for few queries is not working ( those queries are taking time so the script is not waiting to get the complete the execution of that query ) could you please any one help me on this is there any wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
1 Replies

9. Programming

DB2 - Performance Issue using MERGE option

Dear Team, I am using DB2 v10.5 and trying to load huge data using MERGE option ( 10-12 Million) using below query. Basically it loads data from staging to target . Staging table schemaname.Customer_Staging has 12 Million records . Runs for 25 Mins for just select query. But while doing merge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
LOCATE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 LOCATE(1)

NAME
locate -- find filenames quickly SYNOPSIS
locate [-0Scims] [-l limit] [-d database] pattern ... DESCRIPTION
The locate program searches a database for all pathnames which match the specified pattern. The database is recomputed periodically (usually weekly or daily), and contains the pathnames of all files which are publicly accessible. Shell globbing and quoting characters (``*'', ``?'', ``'', ``['' and ``]'') may be used in pattern, although they will have to be escaped from the shell. Preceding any character with a backslash (``'') eliminates any special meaning which it may have. The matching differs in that no characters must be matched explicitly, including slashes (``/''). As a special case, a pattern containing no globbing characters (``foo'') is matched as though it were ``*foo*''. Historically, locate only stored characters between 32 and 127. The current implementation store any character except newline (' ') and NUL (''). The 8-bit character support does not waste extra space for plain ASCII file names. Characters less than 32 or greater than 127 are stored in 2 bytes. The following options are available: -0 Print pathnames separated by an ASCII NUL character (character code 0) instead of default NL (newline, character code 10). -S Print some statistics about the database and exit. -c Suppress normal output; instead print a count of matching file names. -d database Search in database instead of the default file name database. Multiple -d options are allowed. Each additional -d option adds the specified database to the list of databases to be searched. The option database may be a colon-separated list of databases. A single colon is a reference to the default database. $ locate -d $HOME/lib/mydb: foo will first search string ``foo'' in $HOME/lib/mydb and then in /var/db/locate.database. $ locate -d $HOME/lib/mydb::/cdrom/locate.database foo will first search string ``foo'' in $HOME/lib/mydb and then in /var/db/locate.database and then in /cdrom/locate.database. $ locate -d db1 -d db2 -d db3 pattern is the same as $ locate -d db1:db2:db3 pattern or $ locate -d db1:db2 -d db3 pattern If - is given as the database name, standard input will be read instead. For example, you can compress your database and use: $ zcat database.gz | locate -d - pattern This might be useful on machines with a fast CPU and little RAM and slow I/O. Note: you can only use one pattern for stdin. -i Ignore case distinctions in both the pattern and the database. -l number Limit output to number of file names and exit. -m Use mmap(2) instead of the stdio(3) library. This is the default behavior and is faster in most cases. -s Use the stdio(3) library instead of mmap(2). ENVIRONMENT
LOCATE_PATH path to the locate database if set and not empty, ignored if the -d option was specified. FILES
/var/db/locate.database locate database /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb Script to update the locate database /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate Script that starts the database rebuild SEE ALSO
find(1), whereis(1), which(1), fnmatch(3), locate.updatedb(8) Woods, James A., "Finding Files Fast", ;login, 8:1, pp. 8-10, 1983. HISTORY
The locate command first appeared in 4.4BSD. Many new features were added in FreeBSD 2.2. BUGS
The locate program may fail to list some files that are present, or may list files that have been removed from the system. This is because locate only reports files that are present in the database, which is typically only regenerated once a week by the /etc/periodic/weekly/310.locate script. Use find(1) to locate files that are of a more transitory nature. The locate database is typically built by user ``nobody'' and the locate.updatedb(8) utility skips directories which are not readable for user ``nobody'', group ``nobody'', or world. For example, if your HOME directory is not world-readable, none of your files are in the data- base. The locate database is not byte order independent. It is not possible to share the databases between machines with different byte order. The current locate implementation understands databases in host byte order or network byte order if both architectures use the same integer size. So on a FreeBSD/i386 machine (little endian), you can read a locate database which was built on SunOS/sparc machine (big endian, net). The locate utility does not recognize multibyte characters. BSD
August 17, 2006 BSD