Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To call ffmpeg in a loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To call ffmpeg in a loop Post 303012580 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 09:04:57 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Hello colt,

You can certainly make a loop based on a list of files read from a single or multiple directories dependant on your need. You then just need to call ffmpeg referring to each file in turn.

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Kind regards,
Robin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call shell script from pl/sql loop

Hello, I am doing a shell script which contain a pl/sql loop to search for 3 values, i would like to call another shell script inside this sql loop each time it find the values. so how can i call shell script from pl/sql using its variables, any idea? Here is idea about the code: my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a infinite loop

Hi All, I need to run an infinite loop. requirement below: function1 --> creates a file file1 function2 ---> need to call if the file creates i am running these both function via a script --> script.sh i need to run the function1 first and if the file file1 creates then need to run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call a function in for loop

Hi all, I am trying to call a function in for loop in the below format #!/bin/bash abc() { commands } for (( i=0; i<=10; i++ )) do abc done The error i am getting when trying to execute: syntax error: unexpected end of file canany one help me where i am going wrong?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsr_kashyap
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running ffmpeg in loop seems to change reading from file

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I want to read in numbers from a file (one number per line). This works perfectly fine while read CurrentLine do echo $CurrentLine done < myfile and yields the correct output: 272 745 123 If I however run a ffmpeg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thriceguy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop?

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH ORACLE_SID=xxxx; export ORACLE_SID ORAENV_ASK=NO TODAY_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d") LOGFILE=/var/opt/gogd/cust/scripts/${TODAY_DATE}_sap_cust_rel.log echo 'Connected' PARCUST=sap_cust_rel.par sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashwanth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a string by string from a file to use in for loop?

Hi, I have a below sql query. select * from table where name in ('${name}); I have a requirement to automate this as here i need to pass the string value name from txt file. The text file contains the differnet special characters and i have some 200 names in the text file as follows. 3"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Ffmpeg

Hello everyone, I am new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am new to shell script and am trying to write a script to use with a program called ffmpeg. Would this be something I could get help with here? set /p VIDEO=Enter full name of video file on desktop: md... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: junorich
7 Replies
Round(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Round(3pm)

NAME
Math::Round - Perl extension for rounding numbers SYNOPSIS
use Math::Round qw(...those desired... or :all); $rounded = round($scalar); @rounded = round(LIST...); $rounded = nearest($target, $scalar); @rounded = nearest($target, LIST...); # and other functions as described below DESCRIPTION
Math::Round supplies functions that will round numbers in different ways. The functions round and nearest are exported by default; others are available as described below. "use ... qw(:all)" exports all functions. FUNCTIONS
round LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded "to infinity"; i.e., positive values are rounded up (e.g., 2.5 becomes 3) and neg- ative values down (e.g., -2.5 becomes -3). round_even LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest even number; e.g., 2.5 becomes 2, 3.5 becomes 4, and -2.5 becomes -2. round_odd LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded to the nearest odd number; e.g., 3.5 becomes 3, 4.5 becomes 5, and -3.5 becomes -3. round_rand LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest integer. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Num- bers that are halfway between two integers are rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, 2.5 will become 2 half the time and 3 half the time. nearest TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to infinity. For example: nearest(10, 44) yields 40 nearest(10, 46) 50 nearest(10, 45) 50 nearest(25, 328) 325 nearest(.1, 4.567) 4.6 nearest(10, -45) -50 nearest_ceil TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the ceiling, i.e. the next algebraically higher multiple. For example: nearest_ceil(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_ceil(10, 45) 50 nearest_ceil(10, -45) -40 nearest_floor TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded to the floor, i.e. the next algebraically lower multiple. For example: nearest_floor(10, 44) yields 40 nearest_floor(10, 45) 40 nearest_floor(10, -45) -50 nearest_rand TARGET, LIST Rounds the number(s) to the nearest multiple of the target value. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are halfway between two multiples of the target will be rounded up or down in a random fashion. For example, in a large number of trials, "nearest(10, 45)" will yield 40 half the time and 50 half the time. nlowmult TARGET, LIST Returns the next lower multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically lower. For example: nlowmult(10, 44) yields 40 nlowmult(10, 46) 40 nlowmult(25, 328) 325 nlowmult(.1, 4.567) 4.5 nlowmult(10, -41) -50 nhimult TARGET, LIST Returns the next higher multiple of the number(s) in LIST. TARGET must be positive. In scalar context, returns a single value; in list context, returns a list of values. Numbers that are between two multiples of the target will be adjusted to the nearest multiples of LIST that are algebraically higher. For example: nhimult(10, 44) yields 50 nhimult(10, 46) 50 nhimult(25, 328) 350 nhimult(.1, 4.512) 4.6 nhimult(10, -49) -40 STANDARD FLOATING-POINT DISCLAIMER Floating-point numbers are, of course, a rational subset of the real numbers, so calculations with them are not always exact. In order to avoid surprises because of this, these routines use a value for one-half that is very slightly larger than 0.5. Nevertheless, if the num- bers to be rounded are stored as floating-point, they will be subject, as usual, to the mercies of your hardware, your C compiler, etc. Thus, numbers that are supposed to be halfway between two others may be stored in a slightly different way and thus behave surprisingly. AUTHOR
Math::Round was written by Geoffrey Rommel <GROMMEL@cpan.org> in October 2000. perl v5.8.8 2006-12-02 Round(3pm)