Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2) Post 303012578 by CarloM on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 08:26:18 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Code:
-S none /web/Transfer_Files/data/

-S doesn't take an argument (at least on Ubuntu Linux), so I'd guess it's interpreting none as a source (relative to cwd, which is presumably /web/Transfer_files)
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync mirror of download directory

I have a download directory for NDM Secure+ to receive files from other system. I need to mirror this directory to another box, but need to skip files that are still coming in. I have no control over file names or destination directories as they are configured on the sending side. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wskibum
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why rsync deletes source directory?

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: travegre
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync deletes original directory

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets deleted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: travegre
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed

hi guys. I have configured rsync to make a mirror, but there is an error, I don't understand in the logfile: 2011/01/18 16:54:25 rsync on centos/ from UNKNOWN (212.120.196.127) 2011/01/18 15:56:00 rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes : Connection reset by peer (104)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync: skip mail directory

i want to skip the /home/user/mail directory in an rsync but only in this level not like /home/user/public_html/anotherscript/mail if i have a command like this rsync -av --exclude mail /home/$USER root@$SERVERIP:/home2 does it exclude only the mail directory directly under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync defined directory

i want to copy with rsync a specified (sub)-directory and the according folders and files below. my test failed : cd /dir /usr/bin/rsync -ravz -e ssh --include='*/' --include='*/00/*/*' --exclude='*' . remote_host:/tmp i want to copy in these example the directory "00" and the according... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Rsync failed

I was backing up a home directory and had rsync fail on me. I noticed that it was trying to copy a large file (over 4.2 gigs). That made me wonder if the code is 32 bit and failed on the 2 ^32 (max size issue) The code which I invoked is as follows: rsync -aPH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertdaleweir
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move directory with rsync and delete from source

I need a rsync command which will exclude certain files and directories from source and copy the rest. I got this command working, sudo rsync -avzh --exclude 'bin' --exclude 'braintree' --exclude 'colinmollenhour' --exclude 'composer' --exclude 'doctrine' --exclude 'fabpot' --exclude... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)