Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To call ffmpeg in a loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To call ffmpeg in a loop Post 303012564 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 05:16:17 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Please become accustomed to provide decent context info of your problem.

It is always helpful to carefully and detailedly phrase a request, and to support it with system info like OS and shell, related environment (variables, options), preferred tools, adequate (representative) sample input and desired output data and the logics connecting the two including your own attempts at a solution, and, if existent, system (error) messages verbatim, to avoid ambiguities and keep people from guessing.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call shell script from pl/sql loop

Hello, I am doing a shell script which contain a pl/sql loop to search for 3 values, i would like to call another shell script inside this sql loop each time it find the values. so how can i call shell script from pl/sql using its variables, any idea? Here is idea about the code: my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a infinite loop

Hi All, I need to run an infinite loop. requirement below: function1 --> creates a file file1 function2 ---> need to call if the file creates i am running these both function via a script --> script.sh i need to run the function1 first and if the file file1 creates then need to run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call a function in for loop

Hi all, I am trying to call a function in for loop in the below format #!/bin/bash abc() { commands } for (( i=0; i<=10; i++ )) do abc done The error i am getting when trying to execute: syntax error: unexpected end of file canany one help me where i am going wrong?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsr_kashyap
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running ffmpeg in loop seems to change reading from file

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to shell scripting. I want to read in numbers from a file (one number per line). This works perfectly fine while read CurrentLine do echo $CurrentLine done < myfile and yields the correct output: 272 745 123 If I however run a ffmpeg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thriceguy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop?

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH ORACLE_SID=xxxx; export ORACLE_SID ORAENV_ASK=NO TODAY_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d") LOGFILE=/var/opt/gogd/cust/scripts/${TODAY_DATE}_sap_cust_rel.log echo 'Connected' PARCUST=sap_cust_rel.par sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashwanth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a string by string from a file to use in for loop?

Hi, I have a below sql query. select * from table where name in ('${name}); I have a requirement to automate this as here i need to pass the string value name from txt file. The text file contains the differnet special characters and i have some 200 names in the text file as follows. 3"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Ffmpeg

Hello everyone, I am new here so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am new to shell script and am trying to write a script to use with a program called ffmpeg. Would this be something I could get help with here? set /p VIDEO=Enter full name of video file on desktop: md... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: junorich
7 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)