Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transferring files to directories Post 303012555 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 03:55:38 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side? With more than 900 posts in these fora we'd suppose you had at least a faint vision of the way to go...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring hidden files with scp

Is there a way to scp hidden files only ( with regex ) without specifying the name of the hidden files ? Many thanks in advance ! :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - To handle error while transferring files

Hi, I had written an FTP script where in I loop through the directories and transfer the files from each and every directory of Windows to UNIX. Now the problem is when 1. The connection is unable to be established I should return some error codes 2. When there is some system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
1 Replies

4. AIX

Transferring files between Windows and AIX

How do I transfer Plain Text and/or BMP image files between my WindowsXP PC and my AIX 4.1 PowerPC? I have no network or USB options, just a Floppy disk drive and a CD drive on each machine. Is it possible at all? Any help would be gratefully received:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennant Man
7 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files via RS232 cable

Current setup: Some old AIX standalone machine (F series) My WinXP laptop Null modem cable from laptop to AIX machine (console port). On Hypterminal on WinXP I can connect to the AIX machine (serial connection), but when I try to transfer file, it will just sit there. I'm guessing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files

I am trying to transfer about 3000 files from a window platfrom to my linux server. the scrip is pretty simple ftp to the source server (windows) cd to source directory lcd to destination directory mget *.jpg what I get in the log file is: mget 07421001.jpg? 200 PORT command successful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doveman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring Files via ssh (bash)

I am trying to transfer my website using ssh(hostbasedauthentication) using: sudo ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "HostbasedAuthentication yes" -l testuser 192.168.3.1 "find /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com -depth | grep -f include| cpio -oavc| gzip" > $backup_dir/fullwwwsite$date.cpio.gz ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring files from one linux server into another

Hello , I want to transfer files from one linux server into another , I got it working using SCP command , but I have to type in password for each and every file . All the remote severs have the same password , so is there a way that I can transfer all these files by typing my password only once ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

10. AIX

Rcp error while transferring files

i am trying to use a rsh script that uses the rcp command to copy files from server to server but it always produce the following error: HOSTNAME: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end Error: failed to copy /test to HOST2 system Error: failed to execute command on remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
5 Replies
sgsc(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   sgsc(1)

Name
       sgsc - Find HST GSC stars in a square on the sky

Synopsis
       sgsc [options] [-b or -j] ra dec

Description
       sgsc  is  a  utility  for finding all of the Hubble Space Telescope Guide Star Catalog objects in a specified region of the sky and listing
       them with their sky positions and magnitudes in order of brightness, with the brighter ones first.  Output is to standard out,  unless  the
       -w flag is set, in which case it goes to objectname.gsc or search.gsc. It is somewhat similar to RGSC, which can search from lists of coor-
       dinates but cannot sort the output.  It is a link to scat.

Options
       -a     List single closest catalog source

-b <RA> <Dec>
	      Output B1950 (FK4) coordinates

-d     Sort by distance from center instead of flux

-g <class>
	      Object class (0=stars 3=galaxies -1=all)

-h     Print heading, else do not

-j <RA> <Dec>
	      Output J2000 (FK5) coordinates around this center

-m [<bright magnitude>] <faint magnitude>
	      Limiting catalog magnitude(s) (default none, bright -2 if only faint is given)

-n <num>
	      Number of brightest stars to print

-o <name>
	      Object name used for output file naming

-r <radius>
	      Radius of search circle 1in arcsec (default 10)

-s     Sort by RA instead of flux

-t     Tab table to standard output as well as file

-v     Verbose listing of processing intermediate results

-w     Write tab table output file imagename.gsc

See Also
       scat(1), rgsc(1), suac(1), susac(1), imgsc(1)

Author
       Doug Mink, SAO (dmink@cfa.harvard.edu)

14 April 1998								WCS								   sgsc(1)