Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users > I tried to build libtiff on MSYS2+minGW but found an interruption Post 303012372 by Don Cragun on Friday 2nd of February 2018 11:19:29 PM
Old 02-03-2018
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please open threads discussing Windows problems in the Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions forum; not one of the UNIX, Linux, or BSD forums.

This thread is being moved to the Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Search & Delete Text File

I have a file in which email messages are stored in. Every email is separated by by a ^Z character (Control-Z). I need to extract all emails after the 65,00th one to another file and delete them from the original file. Any suggests on accomplishing this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxcell
2 Replies

2. Programming

Compilers to be used on Linux box to build C & C++

Hallo, Recently I have started working on a Linux box it has a default compilers.I tried to build a simple code using the default compilers. compilers installed is at /usr/bin/cc When I used same compilers to compile a C++ code error message is appearing.Then I tried to compile same code using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's UNIX Expert's suggestion for this thread ?

Assume that 100 file's of type .txt are saved in directory in which, 40 .txt files having ID 225 in column x 10 .txt files having ID 220 in column x 30 .txt files having ID 115 in column x and remaining 20 .txt file's having UNIQUE ID say 226,227,228,229,230....first I want to read only files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

MSYS2 on Windows 7 VM

Hello All, Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place... I just recently installed MSYS2 (*32-bit) on a Windows 7 VM I have running on my Linux Host. I have a basic question about User management on MSYS. MSYS2 i686: Version 20150512 I'm guessing when MSYS gets installed it uses... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Any Google SEO Expert to Help UNIX.COM?

I checked (again) and it seems like we lost 70% of our Google indexed links starting in March 2018. So far, I do not know what caused this drop: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture904.png As mentioned, I have done a lot of checking, and we did not make any changes in March of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
doconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       doconfig(8)

Name
       doconfig - a program to aid system configuration

Syntax
       /etc/doconfig [-c config_file] [-e ed_script]

Description
       The  shell  script modifies a copy of the GENERIC configuration file for a new ULTRIX system kernel.  The script prompts you for the system
       name.  If the system name does not currently exist, a system configuration file with that system name is built.

Whether the configuration file is built or not, the script then allows you to edit, configure, and build until both the	configuration  and
       the kernel build run without errors.  Additional runs of can be made to tune the configuration further.

When new hardware is added to a system, the configuration file should be updated to reflect the new system configuration.  When updating an
       existing configuration file or creating a new configuration file with the system must be operating the generic kernel or new  hardware  may
       not be found.  To successfully complete the process, follow these steps:

1.   Save the running as

2.   Move to

3.   Reboot the system to single user mode.

4.   Check file systems.

5.   Mount the file system.

6.   Run the program.  (When execution is complete, make a note of the message prints showing the path and location of the new

7.   Move to

8.   Copy the new (from the message noted above) to

9.   Reboot the system.

Options
       -c     The  name  of  the  existing  configuration  file should be supplied without specifying the pathname.  This file should exist in the
	      directory.  A new kernel is built using the specified configuration file.

-e     When specified, the configuration file is edited by the ed script before building the new kernel.

Files
See Also
       ed(1), config(8)
       Basic Installation Guide
       Guide to System Configuration File Maintenance

RISC							       doconfig(8)