Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multi Dimensional array in bash Post 303012327 by rbatte1 on Friday 2nd of February 2018 07:08:46 AM
Old 02-02-2018
is this not already being discussed here?: Multi Dimensional array

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multi-Dimensional Arrays

So, I'm fooling around with multi demtional arrays, and I made this in a short amount of time: #include <stdio.h> main(int argc, char *argv) { char blah = { {'a', 'b'}, {'b', 'a'} }; int i = 0; while (i < 2) { if (argv == blah) printf("%c\n", blah); i++; } } The goal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in KSH

Is there any way to use multi dim. array in KSH ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: how can I delete empty/NULL elements from a multi-dimensional array.

Hi all I have a file that i'm running and exec(cat ./dat) against..and putting its contents into any array, then doing an exploding the array into a multi-dimension array... The 15 multi-dimensional arrays have elements that are null/empty, I would like to remove/unset these elements and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match elements in an AWK multi-dimensional array

Hello, I have two files in the following format; file1: A B C D E F G H I J K L file2: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 I have read them both in to multi-dimensional arrays. I need a file that has column 2 of the first file printed out for each column 3 of the second file ie... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting multi dimensional array

Hi there, Can someone let me know how to sort the 2 dimensional array below by column 1 then by column 2? 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 output: 11 25 22 55 22 60 33 45 33 66 44 58 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: stdin to multi-dimensional array

I cant get out of this while loop at the beginning of my program. Just reading from stdin one char at a time and storing it into a multi-array. Need to fix it with in two hours. #include <sys/wait.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unt_engn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign two dimensional array in bash at once

Hi, I have a 10*10 two dimensional array. How do I assign value to all it's 100 elements at once? I don't want to open two for loops and assign one by one. Thanks, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit14august
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Two Dimensional Array In Bash At Once

Hi, I have a 10*10 two dimensional array. How do I assign value to all it's 100 elements at once? I don't want to open two for loops and assign one by one. Thanks, Shuri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shurimano
1 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD