Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help understanding perl script Post 303012284 by Don Cragun on Thursday 1st of February 2018 05:29:04 PM
Old 02-01-2018
Change:
Code:
  system("/bin/find $ar[0] -mtime $ar[1] -type f -print >> /tmp/text.txt");
  system("/bin/find $ar[0] -mtime $ar[1] -type f -exec rm -f  \{\} \\\; >> /tmp/text.txt");

to:
Code:
  system("/bin/find $ar[0] ! -name '*.ext' -mtime $ar[1] -type f -print >> /tmp/text.txt");
  system("/bin/find $ar[0] ! -name '*.ext' -mtime $ar[1] -type f -exec rm -f  \{\} \\\; >> /tmp/text.txt");

where ext is the filename extension that appears on files you want to exclude from the list of files to be removed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding perl script error

I solicited this site earlier this week and got a good answer for a perl Script so I made this script from what understood from the answers But now I have a bug and I'm stump. It doesn't parse correctly the Output it stays on the first line My $f2 and reprints in a endless loop I'm sure there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl command understanding

Hi All, Can you please help me interpret the following command. Which I am not able to understand. Also can you please illustrate what it is used for. perl -pi -e 's/\015//g' text_file.dat Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh.su30
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Understanding @allwords

Hi guys, Here is the code: my @allwords = (); my %seen=(); foreach my $curr (@allwords) { $seen{$curr} = 1; } @allwords = keys %seen; my question is: what will @allwords now contain, or how would the entries in the @allwords array be different after this manipulation? Thank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding perl statement

can someone help me how to interpret this line? my ($class, $hashref) = @_; my $portfolio = {}; if ($hashref->{portfolio_id}) { ($portfolio) = GEmySQL->get ("select * from portfolio where portfolio.id=$hashref->{portfolio_id}"); } =============== Question: how do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding some Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/) $files_age =~ s/h// The code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please suggest the Sites for perl script beginners for better understanding

I am begginer to perl scripting, i like to learn all the functionality of the perl scrpting , Could you please help me on this :confused::confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
2 Replies

8. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string

Hi, I need some guidance with understanding this Perl script below. I am not the author of the script and the author has not leave any documentation. I supposed it is meant to be 'easy' if you're a Perl or regex guru. I am having problem understanding what regex to use :confused: The script does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
Template::Plugin::File(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Template::Plugin::File(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::File - Plugin providing information about files SYNOPSIS
[% USE File(filepath) %] [% File.path %] # full path [% File.name %] # filename [% File.dir %] # directory DESCRIPTION
This plugin provides an abstraction of a file. It can be used to fetch details about files from the file system, or to represent abstract files (e.g. when creating an index page) that may or may not exist on a file system. A file name or path should be specified as a constructor argument. e.g. [% USE File('foo.html') %] [% USE File('foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% USE File('/foo/bar/baz.html') %] The file should exist on the current file system (unless "nostat" option set, see below) as an absolute file when specified with as leading '"/"' as per '"/foo/bar/baz.html"', or otherwise as one relative to the current working directory. The constructor performs a "stat()" on the file and makes the 13 elements returned available as the plugin items: dev ino mode nlink uid gid rdev size atime mtime ctime blksize blocks e.g. [% USE File('/foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% File.mtime %] [% File.mode %] ... In addition, the "user" and "group" items are set to contain the user and group names as returned by calls to "getpwuid()" and "getgrgid()" for the file "uid" and "gid" elements, respectively. On Win32 platforms on which "getpwuid()" and "getgrid()" are not available, these values are undefined. [% USE File('/tmp/foo.html') %] [% File.uid %] # e.g. 500 [% File.user %] # e.g. abw This user/group lookup can be disabled by setting the "noid" option. [% USE File('/tmp/foo.html', noid=1) %] [% File.uid %] # e.g. 500 [% File.user %] # nothing The "isdir" flag will be set if the file is a directory. [% USE File('/tmp') %] [% File.isdir %] # 1 If the "stat()" on the file fails (e.g. file doesn't exists, bad permission, etc) then the constructor will throw a "File" exception. This can be caught within a "TRY...CATCH" block. [% TRY %] [% USE File('/tmp/myfile') %] File exists! [% CATCH File %] File error: [% error.info %] [% END %] Note the capitalisation of the exception type, '"File"', to indicate an error thrown by the "File" plugin, to distinguish it from a regular "file" exception thrown by the Template Toolkit. Note that the "File" plugin can also be referenced by the lower case name '"file"'. However, exceptions are always thrown of the "File" type, regardless of the capitalisation of the plugin named used. [% USE file('foo.html') %] [% file.mtime %] As with any other Template Toolkit plugin, an alternate name can be specified for the object created. [% USE foo = file('foo.html') %] [% foo.mtime %] The "nostat" option can be specified to prevent the plugin constructor from performing a "stat()" on the file specified. In this case, the file does not have to exist in the file system, no attempt will be made to verify that it does, and no error will be thrown if it doesn't. The entries for the items usually returned by "stat()" will be set empty. [% USE file('/some/where/over/the/rainbow.html', nostat=1) [% file.mtime %] # nothing METHODS
All "File" plugins, regardless of the "nostat" option, have set a number of items relating to the original path specified. path The full, original file path specified to the constructor. [% USE file('/foo/bar.html') %] [% file.path %] # /foo/bar.html name The name of the file without any leading directories. [% USE file('/foo/bar.html') %] [% file.name %] # bar.html dir The directory element of the path with the filename removed. [% USE file('/foo/bar.html') %] [% file.name %] # /foo ext The file extension, if any, appearing at the end of the path following a '"."' (not included in the extension). [% USE file('/foo/bar.html') %] [% file.ext %] # html home This contains a string of the form '"../.."' to represent the upward path from a file to its root directory. [% USE file('bar.html') %] [% file.home %] # nothing [% USE file('foo/bar.html') %] [% file.home %] # .. [% USE file('foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% file.home %] # ../.. root The "root" item can be specified as a constructor argument, indicating a root directory in which the named file resides. This is otherwise set empty. [% USE file('foo/bar.html', root='/tmp') %] [% file.root %] # /tmp abs This returns the absolute file path by constructing a path from the "root" and "path" options. [% USE file('foo/bar.html', root='/tmp') %] [% file.path %] # foo/bar.html [% file.root %] # /tmp [% file.abs %] # /tmp/foo/bar.html rel(path) This returns a relative path from the current file to another path specified as an argument. It is constructed by appending the path to the '"home"' item. [% USE file('foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% file.rel('wiz/waz.html') %] # ../../wiz/waz.html EXAMPLES
[% USE file('/foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% file.path %] # /foo/bar/baz.html [% file.dir %] # /foo/bar [% file.name %] # baz.html [% file.home %] # ../.. [% file.root %] # '' [% file.abs %] # /foo/bar/baz.html [% file.ext %] # html [% file.mtime %] # 987654321 [% file.atime %] # 987654321 [% file.uid %] # 500 [% file.user %] # abw [% USE file('foo.html') %] [% file.path %] # foo.html [% file.dir %] # '' [% file.name %] # foo.html [% file.root %] # '' [% file.home %] # '' [% file.abs %] # foo.html [% USE file('foo/bar/baz.html') %] [% file.path %] # foo/bar/baz.html [% file.dir %] # foo/bar [% file.name %] # baz.html [% file.root %] # '' [% file.home %] # ../.. [% file.abs %] # foo/bar/baz.html [% USE file('foo/bar/baz.html', root='/tmp') %] [% file.path %] # foo/bar/baz.html [% file.dir %] # foo/bar [% file.name %] # baz.html [% file.root %] # /tmp [% file.home %] # ../.. [% file.abs %] # /tmp/foo/bar/baz.html # calculate other file paths relative to this file and its root [% USE file('foo/bar/baz.html', root => '/tmp/tt2') %] [% file.path('baz/qux.html') %] # ../../baz/qux.html [% file.dir('wiz/woz.html') %] # ../../wiz/woz.html AUTHORS
Michael Stevens wrote the original "Directory" plugin on which this is based. Andy Wardley split it into separate "File" and "Directory" plugins, added some extra code and documentation for "VIEW" support, and made a few other minor tweaks. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2007 Michael Stevens, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, Template::Plugin::Directory, Template::View perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::File(3pm)