Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To get a single string in output Post 303012125 by mirwasim on Tuesday 30th of January 2018 09:55:04 AM
Old 01-30-2018
To get a single string in output

I am looking forward to achive below expecrted result, but when I am trying i could now get the whole string between two / / what I am getting is the last word
i need to take complete line which is between / / ignore the line after , and before / which is (Test failed: text expected not to contain)
Code:
File input 

SKILLED LANGUAGE - ENTER CREDENTIALS,Test failed: text expected not to contain /You do not have skills or languages/,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
BILLING - ONLINE BILL DETAILS 3,Test failed: text expected not to contain /FETCH_ONLINE_CURRENT_BILL_DETAILS/,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
BILLING - ONLINE BILL DETAILS 4,Test failed: text expected not to contain /FETCH_ONLINE_PREVIOUS_BILL_DETAILS/,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
INTERACTION - SUB ORDERS - VIEW - MANAGED SERVICE 3,Test failed: text expected not to contain /UN_HANDLED_EXCEPTION/,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml

Code:
expected out put 

SKILLED LANGUAGE - ENTER CREDENTIALS,You do not have skills or languages,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
BILLING - ONLINE BILL DETAILS 3,FETCH_ONLINE_CURRENT_BILL_DETAILS,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
BILLING - ONLINE BILL DETAILS 4, FETCH_ONLINE_PREVIOUS_BILL_DETAILS,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml
INTERACTION - SUB ORDERS - VIEW - MANAGED SERVICE 3,UN_HANDLED_EXCEPTION,http://abc:1234/new.xhtml

Code:
script I am using

nawk 'BEGIN{print "<table border="1">"}
       {print "<tr>";
       print "<TD>";
       for(i=1;i<NF;i++) printf("%s ",  $i);
       print "</TD>";
       print "<TD>" $NF "</TD>";
       print "</tr>"}
     END{print "</table>"}'  ERROR_FILE.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output in different lines not in one single line

I am getting the coutput like this as show below in one single line, where as the command is executed is several lines and the output should also be requied in several lines, not in one single line. Anyone any idea? p4 opened -a | grep *locked* | awk '{ printf $8 }' >/tmp/aa $ cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

2. AIX

ls command output in single line

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how can I display the output of ls command in single line with some delimiter say pipe (|)? I know it can be done by writing a script by using the loops but I wanted to know are there any other single line commands? Thanks for your help Sheshadri (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output in single line

Hi, Please suggest, how to get the output of below script in single line, its giving me in different lines ______________________ #!/bin/ksh export Path="/abc/def/ghi"; Home="/home/psingh/prat"; cd $Path; find $Path -name "*.C#*" -newer "abc.C#1234" -print > $Home cat $Home | while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prat007
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select a single string

I am learning sed/awk. So, bear with me. I have successfully created a list (based on sed) which looks like: <cl:item href="clsysrev/XTT004/XTT05064.xml" productSubtitle="animals" unitStatus="today"IR"> <cl:item href="clsysrev/XTT007/XTT08581.xml" productSubtitle="humans"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alonso_canada
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to be in single line

Hi All, Small script but :wall:, please help in this regard. for i in 1 2 3 do echo $i done result : 1 2 3 I want the above to be printed as below expected result: 1 2 3 Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_satyam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to single line

Hi, I am using below command and getting below output. echo "dis ql(*) CLUSTER"|runmqsc CT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'QUEUE|CLUSTER'|egrep -v 'SYSTEM|XMITQ'| sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /g' -e 's/TYPE(QLOCAL)/ /g' -e 's/CLUSTER(/ /g' -e 's/)/ /g' output CT.CL.ALLUHUB.FLST_TO_HUB_PROV.01... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single grep to multiple strings with separate output per string

I need to grep multiple strings from a particular file. I found the use of egrep "String1|String2|String3" file.txt | wc-l Now what I'm really after is that I need to separate word count per each string found. I am trying to keep it to use the grep only 1 time. Can you guys help ? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
9 Replies
subst(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  subst(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
subst - Perform backslash, command, and variable substitutions SYNOPSIS
subst ?-nobackslashes? ?-nocommands? ?-novariables? string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs variable substitutions, command substitutions, and backslash substitutions on its string argument and returns the fully-substituted result. The substitutions are performed in exactly the same way as for Tcl commands. As a result, the string argument is actually substituted twice, once by the Tcl parser in the usual fashion for Tcl commands, and again by the subst command. If any of the -nobackslashes, -nocommands, or -novariables are specified, then the corresponding substitutions are not performed. For example, if -nocommands is specified, command substitution is not performed: open and close brackets are treated as ordinary characters with no special interpretation. Note that the substitution of one kind can include substitution of other kinds. For example, even when the -novariables option is speci- fied, command substitution is performed without restriction. This means that any variable substitution necessary to complete the command substitution will still take place. Likewise, any command substitution necessary to complete a variable substitution will take place, even when -nocommands is specified. See the EXAMPLES below. If an error occurs during substitution, then subst will return that error. If a break exception occurs during command or variable substi- tution, the result of the whole substitution will be the string (as substituted) up to the start of the substitution that raised the excep- tion. If a continue exception occurs during the evaluation of a command or variable substitution, an empty string will be substituted for that entire command or variable substitution (as long as it is well-formed Tcl.) If a return exception occurs, or any other return code is returned during command or variable substitution, then the returned value is substituted for that substitution. See the EXAMPLES below. In this way, all exceptional return codes are "caught" by subst. The subst command itself will either return an error, or will complete successfully. EXAMPLES
When it performs its substitutions, subst does not give any special treatment to double quotes or curly braces (except within command sub- stitutions) so the script set a 44 subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {44}", not "xyz {$a}" and the script set a "p} q {r" subst {xyz {$a}} returns "xyz {p} q {r}", not "xyz {p} q {r}". When command substitution is performed, it includes any variable substitution necessary to evaluate the script. set a 44 subst -novariables {$a [format $a]} returns "$a 44", not "$a $a". Similarly, when variable substitution is performed, it includes any command substitution necessary to retrieve the value of the variable. proc b {} {return c} array set a {c c [b] tricky} subst -nocommands {[b] $a([b])} returns "[b] c", not "[b] tricky". The continue and break exceptions allow command substitutions to prevent substitution of the rest of the command substitution and the rest of string respectively, giving script authors more options when processing text using subst. For example, the script subst {abc,[break],def} returns "abc,", not "abc,,def" and the script subst {abc,[continue;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,,def", not "abc,3,def". Other exceptional return codes substitute the returned value subst {abc,[return foo;expr {1+2}],def} returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def" and subst {abc,[return -code 10 foo;expr {1+2}],def} also returns "abc,foo,def", not "abc,3,def". SEE ALSO
Tcl(n), eval(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 7.4 subst(n)