Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization? Post 303012062 by Neo on Monday 29th of January 2018 08:09:31 AM
Old 01-29-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbzadegan
What is related to the virtualization subject?SmilieSmilie
Because earlier in this thread people discussed various Linux distributions, so if you read the earlier threads about "breaking when upgrading" then you will not be confused, LOL, as people's replies are based on the facts, not just one subject line.

Virtualization is not some "magic word", it is an instance of a distribution of some operating system(s) and the performance is based on a number of things, including reliability and upgradability.

The original questions is more confusing than my reply:

"Best performance .... " ? That is a very confusing concept as well Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ILOM to unix host

Hello- On Solaris 10g x86 - I had two IP addresses , one for unix host (connecting through putty) and one for ILOM (connecting through CLI and web). I had to perform some changes in FS sizes etc, did that on unix host and executed command 'init 6' remotely for them to take place. But, the unix host... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
30 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat and Intel: Smart processors, virtualization boost efficiency and performance

On Monday March 30, Intel announced the availability of their much anticipated new line of processors, the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 series–nicknamed Nehalem. Red Hat, a long-time partner of the market-leading chip maker , collaborated on the chip’s debut, testing and optimizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX

Hi all, I have a small Question here in Unix File System.I am unable to get a proper answer in Internet. Hope someone can get back to me soon. A Unix file system can mount filesystem of several disk partitions to form a single global space. Suppose that you wish to virtualize this global... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization

Hello guys! First of all sorry about my english. I am using KVM to virtualizate. But when i run the virt-install command, it shows the next error: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization options.My server had virtualisation extensions enabled in the bios. It is my first time using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrison71
7 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusedUseruContributed Perl Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusedCapture(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusedCapture - Only use a capturing group if you plan to use the captured value. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Perl regular expressions have multiple types of grouping syntax. The basic parentheses (e.g. "m/(foo)/") captures into the magic variable $1. Non-capturing groups (e.g. "m/(?:foo)/" are useful because they have better runtime performance and do not copy strings to the magic global capture variables. It's also easier on the maintenance programmer if you consistently use capturing vs. non-capturing groups, because that programmer can tell more easily which regexps can be refactored without breaking surrounding code which may use the captured values. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. CAVEATS
"qr//" interpolation This policy can be confused by interpolation of "qr//" elements, but those are always false negatives. For example: my $foo_re = qr/(foo)/; my ($foo) = m/$foo_re (bar)/x; A human can tell that this should be a violation because there are two captures but only the first capture is used, not the second. The policy only notices that there is one capture in the regexp and remains happy. "@-", "@+", $LAST_MATCH_START and $LAST_MATCH_END This policy will only recognize capture groups referred to by these variables if the use is subscripted by a literal integer. $^N and $LAST_SUBMATCH_RESULT This policy will not recognize capture groups referred to only by these variables, because there is in general no way by static analysis to determine which capture group is referred to. For example, m/ (?: (A[[:alpha:]]+) | (Nd+) ) (?{$foo=$^N}) /smx makes use of the first capture group if it matches, or the second capture group if the first does not match but the second does. CREDITS
Initial development of this policy was supported by a grant from the Perl Foundation. AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Chris Dolan. Many rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusedCapture(3pm)