Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization? Post 303012049 by mbzadegan on Sunday 28th of January 2018 11:48:26 PM
Old 01-29-2018
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
My experience is that major Linux updates to PHP and Apache2 can and do break things.

It has to break things in many circumstances because, for example, the Apache2 configuration file for the latest version of Apache2 / PHP7 does not work with PHP 5.X versions, of PHP/Apache2, etc.

So, Apache2 will break during some major upgrades and so will PHP code.

Also, PHP code which is DEPRECATED in PHP7 will break when upgrading to PHP7.

You must be very careful upgrading if you do not want a lot of unexpected downtime; and if you are just doing the upgrade on personal server, that might be OK; but if you are upgrading a production server, one odd config file change or incompatibility can ruin your day for sure.
What is related to the virtualization subject?SmilieSmilie
This User Gave Thanks to mbzadegan For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ILOM to unix host

Hello- On Solaris 10g x86 - I had two IP addresses , one for unix host (connecting through putty) and one for ILOM (connecting through CLI and web). I had to perform some changes in FS sizes etc, did that on unix host and executed command 'init 6' remotely for them to take place. But, the unix host... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
30 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat and Intel: Smart processors, virtualization boost efficiency and performance

On Monday March 30, Intel announced the availability of their much anticipated new line of processors, the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 series–nicknamed Nehalem. Red Hat, a long-time partner of the market-leading chip maker , collaborated on the chip’s debut, testing and optimizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX

Hi all, I have a small Question here in Unix File System.I am unable to get a proper answer in Internet. Hope someone can get back to me soon. A Unix file system can mount filesystem of several disk partitions to form a single global space. Suppose that you wish to virtualize this global... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization

Hello guys! First of all sorry about my english. I am using KVM to virtualizate. But when i run the virt-install command, it shows the next error: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization options.My server had virtualisation extensions enabled in the bios. It is my first time using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrison71
7 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::ApacUser:Contributed Perl Dapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::MPM(3)

NAME
Apache2::MPM - Perl API for accessing Apache MPM information Synopsis use Apache2::MPM (); # check whether Apache MPM is threaded if (Apache2::MPM->is_threaded) { do_something() } # which mpm is used my $mpm = lc Apache2::MPM->show; # query mpm properties use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(:mpmq); if (Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_STATIC)) { ... } Description "Apache2::MPM" provides the Perl API for accessing Apache MPM information. API
"Apache2::MPM" provides the following functions and/or methods: "query" Query various attributes of the MPM my $query = Apache2::MPM->query($const); obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name arg1: $const ( "Apache2::Const :mpmq group constant" ) The MPM attribute to query. ret: $query ( boolean ) the result of the query since: 2.0.00 For example to test whether the mpm is static: use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(MPMQ_STATIC); if (Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_STATIC)) { ... } "is_threaded" Check whether the running Apache MPM is threaded. my $is_threaded = Apache2::MPM->is_threaded; obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name ret: $is_threaded ( boolean ) threaded or not since: 2.0.00 Note that this functionality is just a shortcut for: use Apache2::Const -compile => qw(MPMQ_IS_THREADED); my $is_threaded = Apache2::MPM->query(Apache2::Const::MPMQ_IS_THREADED); "show" What mpm is used my $mpm = Apache2::MPM->show(); obj: $class ( "Apache2::MPM class" ) the class name ret: $mpm ( string ) the name of the MPM. e.g., "Prefork". since: 2.0.00 See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-07 apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::Apache2::MPM(3)