Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HMC ssh_config file edit
Operating Systems AIX HMC ssh_config file edit Post 303012010 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 27th of January 2018 02:53:37 PM
Old 01-27-2018
Anyway, the official answer would be something like:
* open a PMR and request a special code so that you can su to root (from memory something called the 'pesh')
* with the root prompt - you can edit what ever you want.

I am sure part of the 'official' solution would be to discuss what level of HMC code you are running. Maybe this problem goes away with an HMC update!

As you never said (and noone asked) I'll just assume you have learned to update your HMC. If it is at version 8.6 or higher, and it is still using the low-grade encryption elements - open a PMR to IBM for a bug-fix. As it is clearly time for it to be gone!

(and because I am curious - what level of HMC - were - you at?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file name edit

ok I have a list of files for example: 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ids 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ppm 130-4-32.HindIII.0.ppm.gz 130-4-33.HindIII.0.bands 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ics 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ids 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ppm 130-4-33.HindIII.0.ppm.gz 130-4-34.HindIII.0.bands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorcet222
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit the File

Hello Everyone I am new to this forum. I am having a requirement to edit the file(the file is having some sql code). And this file is in my colleagues login. This is readonly Now I would like to edit this file. In which way can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh_config

Hi, I have to create an sftp configuration file. the requirement is like this Encryption algorithm : ArcFour (Implementation of the 128bit RC4 algorithm) ‘arcfour128' Fallback: (3DES algorithm) ‘3des' How do I check the arcfour128 is implementation of RC4? Also I dont see 3des algorithm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff between ssh_config & sshd_config

Hi, Can anybody brief me the difference between ssh_config & sshd_config. I am looking for the functionality difference. any help appreciated Shihab (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

edit a .fs file

I have a .fs file that I want to edit, (or just be able to see what is in it) preferably through a windows environment. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiterboy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit value in File

I have a file oratab with entry like this SCADAG:/esitst1/oracle/product/9.2.0.8:Y I am trying to discover a way to change the 9.2.0.8 part of this to something like 10.2.0.4 as part of an upgrade script. I have tried cat /etc/oratab >>/tmp/oratab... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sewood
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Edit the file content and create new file

I have a requirement, which is as follows *. Folder contains list of xmls. Script has to create new xml files by copying the existing one and renaming it by appending "_pre.xml" at the end. *. Each file has multiple <Name>fileName</Name> entry. The script has to find the first occurance of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudesh.ach
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file

I have file like cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp1.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp2.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp3.log cp -p /var/adm/ /tmp1/tmp4.log I need to re-write the file like: cp -p /var/adm/tmp1.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp2.log /tmp1/ cp -p /var/adm/tmp3.log /tmp1/ cp -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_banka
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the ssh_config file in Cygwin

Hi all, I have installed Cygwin on my PC and am trying to modify the ssh_config file in the folder 'c:\cygwin\etc\defaults\etc'. However I noticed the owner of that file belongs to root. Unfortunately when I'm opening cygwin each time the default displayed path = 'username@PC', which means I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Edit file

Hi All, I have file with 200K Records and each line with 400 character. I need to edit the some part of the file. For example, i need to edit character from 115 to 125, 135to 145 and 344 to 361 Can you please anyone help me to do this? Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
1 Replies
apport-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-bug(1)

NAME
apport-bug, apport-collect - file a bug report using Apport, or update an existing report SYNOPSIS
apport-bug apport-bug symptom | pid | package | program path | .apport/.crash file apport-collect report-number DESCRIPTION
apport-bug reports problems to your distribution's bug tracking system, using Apport to collect a lot of local information about your sys- tem to help the developers to fix the problem and avoid unnecessary question/answer turnarounds. You should always start with running apport-bug without arguments, which will present a list of known symptoms. This will generate the most useful bug reports. If there is no matching symptom, you need to determine the affected program or package yourself. You can provide a package name or program name to apport-bug, e. g.: apport-bug firefox apport-bug /usr/bin/unzip In order to add more information to the bug report that could help the developers to fix the problem, you can also specify a process ID instead: $ pidof gnome-terminal 5139 $ apport-bug 5139 As a special case, to report a bug against the Linux kernel, you do not need to use the full package name (such as linux- image-2.6.28-4-generic); you can just use apport-bug linux to report a bug against the currently running kernel. Finally, you can use this program to report a previously stored crash or bug report: apport-bug /var/crash/_bin_bash.1000.crash apport-bug /tmp/apport.firefox.332G9t.apport Bug reports can be written to a file by using the --save option or by using apport-cli. apport-bug detects whether KDE or Gnome is running and calls apport-gtk or apport-kde accordingly. If neither is available, or the session does not run under X11, it calls apport-cli for a command-line client. UPDATING EXISTING REPORTS
apport-collect collects the same information as apport-bug, but adds it to an already reported problem you have submitted. This is useful if the report was not originally filed through Apport, and the developers ask you to attach information from your system. OPTIONS
Please see the apport-cli(1) manpage for possible options. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily on the command line when calling apport-bug. SEE ALSO
apport-cli(1) AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt September 08, 2009 apport-bug(1)