Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Display SAM user list at the command line Post 303011999 by vbe on Saturday 27th of January 2018 10:29:09 AM
Old 01-27-2018
SAM logs its activities, did you go and have a look what you can find there?
That's what I used to do when I had HP-UX boxes, and wanted to batch script thing I did using SAM...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Display Printers via command line

Is there an easy way to view all printers on a local machine via command line or a script? I'm looking for the equivalent of clicking on "START, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES" to view the devices. I then want to cat it to a file where I would use it later. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Where are SAM user templates stored?

Hey, new here, so be nice! I'm trying to write a little script to automate the user creation process on one of our boxes. But I would like to be able to use the templates that we have set up in SAM. Is the information in these templates stored in a file somewhere, that I can reference in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Adding user to a group without SAM

How can I add a user to a specific group without using SAM? I know I can user modprpw -G, but that will overwrite any groups the user is in with the ones I specify. I need to assume that I do not know what groups the user is already in, so I can't put them in the modprpw command. I just need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reactivate user with command(no SAM)

How to reactivate any users (root or non root) by command(no SAM) HP-UX 11.11 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

Getting command (command line) from SAM?

Hi I hope this is easy and sorry if I am using the wrong HP terms. I am looking for a way to glean the command line information from a process I run in SAM? In AIX I can just select any options I want for particular process and hit F6 and the command line is shown on the screen for use in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display sorted list using sed command

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a command line that will display a sorted list of logged in users. Just display the username and no other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofine05
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fc command does not display all commands history of a user

hi, i have an AIX6.1 machine and i modified a user's profile so that it creates history file for each ip address that connects with this user. the reason i did this is because more than 1 person connects with the same user so i want to keep track of command run by all of them. therefore, in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies
BOWTIE(1)							   User Commands							 BOWTIE(1)

NAME
bowtie - ultrafast memory-efficient short read aligner DESCRIPTION
Usage: bowtie [options]* <ebwt> {-1 <m1> -2 <m2> | --12 <r> | <s>} [<hit>] <m1> Comma-separated list of files containing upstream mates (or the sequences themselves, if -c is set) paired with mates in <m2> <m2> Comma-separated list of files containing downstream mates (or the sequences themselves if -c is set) paired with mates in <m1> <r> Comma-separated list of files containing Crossbow-style reads. Can be a mixture of paired and unpaired. Specify "-" for stdin. <s> Comma-separated list of files containing unpaired reads, or the sequences themselves, if -c is set. Specify "-" for stdin. <hit> File to write hits to (default: stdout) Input: -q query input files are FASTQ .fq/.fastq (default) -f query input files are (multi-)FASTA .fa/.mfa -r query input files are raw one-sequence-per-line -c query sequences given on cmd line (as <mates>, <singles>) -C reads and index are in colorspace -Q/--quals <file> QV file(s) corresponding to CSFASTA inputs; use with -f -C --Q1/--Q2 <file> same as -Q, but for mate files 1 and 2 respectively -s/--skip <int> skip the first <int> reads/pairs in the input -u/--qupto <int> stop after first <int> reads/pairs (excl. skipped reads) -5/--trim5 <int> trim <int> bases from 5' (left) end of reads -3/--trim3 <int> trim <int> bases from 3' (right) end of reads --phred33-quals input quals are Phred+33 (default) --phred64-quals input quals are Phred+64 (same as --solexa1.3-quals) --solexa-quals input quals are from GA Pipeline ver. < 1.3 --solexa1.3-quals input quals are from GA Pipeline ver. >= 1.3 --integer-quals qualities are given as space-separated integers (not ASCII) Alignment: -v <int> report end-to-end hits w/ <=v mismatches; ignore qualities or -n/--seedmms <int> max mismatches in seed (can be 0-3, default: -n 2) -e/--maqerr <int> max sum of mismatch quals across alignment for -n (def: 70) -l/--seedlen <int> seed length for -n (default: 28) --nomaqround disable Maq-like quality rounding for -n (nearest 10 <= 30) -I/--minins <int> minimum insert size for paired-end alignment (default: 0) -X/--maxins <int> maximum insert size for paired-end alignment (default: 250) --fr/--rf/--ff -1, -2 mates align fw/rev, rev/fw, fw/fw (default: --fr) --nofw/--norc do not align to forward/reverse-complement reference strand --maxbts <int> max # backtracks for -n 2/3 (default: 125, 800 for --best) --pairtries <int> max # attempts to find mate for anchor hit (default: 100) -y/--tryhard try hard to find valid alignments, at the expense of speed --chunkmbs <int> max megabytes of RAM for best-first search frames (def: 64) Reporting: -k <int> report up to <int> good alignments per read (default: 1) -a/--all report all alignments per read (much slower than low -k) -m <int> suppress all alignments if > <int> exist (def: no limit) -M <int> like -m, but reports 1 random hit (MAPQ=0); requires --best --best hits guaranteed best stratum; ties broken by quality --strata hits in sub-optimal strata aren't reported (requires --best) Output: -t/--time print wall-clock time taken by search phases -B/--offbase <int> leftmost ref offset = <int> in bowtie output (default: 0) --quiet print nothing but the alignments --refout write alignments to files refXXXXX.map, 1 map per reference --refidx refer to ref. seqs by 0-based index rather than name --al <fname> write aligned reads/pairs to file(s) <fname> --un <fname> write unaligned reads/pairs to file(s) <fname> --max <fname> write reads/pairs over -m limit to file(s) <fname> --suppress <cols> suppresses given columns (comma-delim'ed) in default output --fullref write entire ref name (default: only up to 1st space) Colorspace: --snpphred <int> Phred penalty for SNP when decoding colorspace (def: 30) or --snpfrac <dec> approx. fraction of SNP bases (e.g. 0.001); sets --snpphred --col-cseq print aligned colorspace seqs as colors, not decoded bases --col-cqual print original colorspace quals, not decoded quals --col-keepends keep nucleotides at extreme ends of decoded alignment SAM: -S/--sam write hits in SAM format --mapq <int> default mapping quality (MAPQ) to print for SAM alignments --sam-nohead supppress header lines (starting with @) for SAM output --sam-nosq supppress @SQ header lines for SAM output --sam-RG <text> add <text> (usually "lab=value") to @RG line of SAM header Performance: -o/--offrate <int> override offrate of index; must be >= index's offrate -p/--threads <int> number of alignment threads to launch (default: 1) --mm use memory-mapped I/O for index; many 'bowtie's can share --shmem use shared mem for index; many 'bowtie's can share Other: --seed <int> seed for random number generator --verbose verbose output (for debugging) --version print version information and quit -h/--help print this usage message 64-bit Built on wr-linux02 Tue Apr 24 11:37:12 UTC 2012 Compiler: gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) Options: -O3 -Wl,--hash-style=both -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security -Wl,-z,relro Sizeof {int, long, long long, void*, size_t, off_t}: {4, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8} bowtie version 0.12.7 April 2012 BOWTIE(1)