Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Linus Torvalds reply about Meltdown and Spectre. Post 303011979 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 27th of January 2018 02:58:20 AM
Old 01-27-2018
The x86 monoculture leads to risks like this.
See also --> OS monoculture...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What the best HD format for Unix & Linus

Hello people, Im just about to install linux and unix but would like to know what the best Partition type format is for both of them. Can anyone tell me Thankyou in advanced (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hard disk meltdown

I had an issue with a second hard disk in my machine. I have a sparc station running solaris 7. It was working fine but now it wont mount on boot up and when you try to mount it manually it gives an I/O error. I tried a different disk as a control which was fine. What I want to know is if my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrik
3 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A Couple of Short Linus Torvalds Videos

This link is to a page that has two short videos that feature Linus Torvalds discussing the Linux kernel. After you watch the first video, scroll down some more to reach the second video. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Meltdown and Spectre CPU bugs

This seems a bit serious: Meltdown, Spectre: The password theft bugs at the heart of Intel CPUs • The Register Vulnerability Note VU#584653 - CPU hardware vulnerable to side-channel attacks Project Zero: Reading privileged memory with a side-channel (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrutinizer
8 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1, POWER5 and Spectre/Meltdown

Apologies for this newbie question. We have inherited an IBM p5 520 (9111-520) running AIX 6.1.0.0 which seems to be the base install and no further patches installed. Is this vulnerable to the Spectre/Meltdown threat? Are patches available? Looks like AIX 6.1.0.0 went 'end of support' in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_garbage
8 Replies
ural(7D)							      Devices								  ural(7D)

NAME
ural - Ralink RT2500USB 802.11b/g Wireless Driver DESCRIPTION
The ural 802.11b/g wireless NIC driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLDv3-based STREAMS driver supporting the Ralink RT2500USB chipset-based NIC's. CONFIGURATION
The ural driver performs auto-negotiation to determine the data rate and mode. Supported 802.11b data rates are 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 Mbits/sec. Supported 802.11g data rates are 1, 2, 5.5, 11, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbits/sec. The ural driver supports only BSS networks (also known as "ap" or "infrastructure" networks) and "open" (or "open-system") or "shared system" authentication. FILES
/dev/ural* Special character device. /kernel/drv/ural 32-bit ELF kernel module. (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/ural 64-bit ELF kernel module. (x86) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Architecture | x86 | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWural | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), wificonfig(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D), dlpi(7P) 802.11 - Wireless LAN Media Access Control and Physical Layer Specification - IEEE, 2001 SunOS 5.11 6 May 2008 ural(7D)