Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization? Post 303011924 by dodona on Thursday 25th of January 2018 05:20:38 PM
Old 01-25-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm not disagreeing with you, per se, but your claim that "updates have habit of breaking stuff? Debian doesn't do that." seems about as, how did you put it, constructive, as the question.
debian based ubuntu / linux mint updates never broken anything up until linux mint 18.x, which simply doesn't run on my machine. Same with Fedora25, a big frustrating update hell. Since Fedora 26 everything is fine, very fine, excellente! I remember that suse minor release updates never worked, and even major releases left a broken system.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ILOM to unix host

Hello- On Solaris 10g x86 - I had two IP addresses , one for unix host (connecting through putty) and one for ILOM (connecting through CLI and web). I had to perform some changes in FS sizes etc, did that on unix host and executed command 'init 6' remotely for them to take place. But, the unix host... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
30 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat and Intel: Smart processors, virtualization boost efficiency and performance

On Monday March 30, Intel announced the availability of their much anticipated new line of processors, the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 series–nicknamed Nehalem. Red Hat, a long-time partner of the market-leading chip maker , collaborated on the chip’s debut, testing and optimizing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX

Hi all, I have a small Question here in Unix File System.I am unable to get a proper answer in Internet. Hope someone can get back to me soon. A Unix file system can mount filesystem of several disk partitions to form a single global space. Suppose that you wish to virtualize this global... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavan Kumar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization

Hello guys! First of all sorry about my english. I am using KVM to virtualizate. But when i run the virt-install command, it shows the next error: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization options.My server had virtualisation extensions enabled in the bios. It is my first time using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrison71
7 Replies
UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)

NAME
update-ca-certificates - update system CA certificates SYNOPSIS
update-ca-certificates [options] DESCRIPTION
update-ca-certificates updates the directory /etc/ssl/certs to hold SSL certificates and generates /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem, a concatenated single-file list of certificates. It reads the file /etc/ca-certificates.conf. Each line gives a pathname of a CA certificate under /usr/share/ca-certificates that should be trusted. Lines that begin with "#" are comment lines and thus ignored. Lines that begin with "!" are deselected, causing the deactivation of the CA certificate in question. All certificates are implicitly trusted if no trusted certificates are listed. Furthermore all certificates found below /usr/local/share/ca-certificates are also included as implicitly trusted. After populating /etc/ssl/certs update-ca-certificates invokes custom hooks in /usr/lib/ca-certificates/update.d/*.run and /etc/ca-certifi- cates/update.d/*.run. The command line options used for invoking update-ca-certificates are passed to the hooks as well. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Be verbose. Output c_rehash. -f, --fresh Fresh updates. Removes symlinks in /etc/ssl/certs directory and re-creates them from scratch. FILES
/etc/ca-certificates.conf A configuration file. /etc/ssl/ca-bundle.pem A single-file version of all CA certificates. Use of this file is deprecated and should only be used as last resort by applications that cannot parse the /etc/ssl/certs directory. /usr/share/ca-certificates Directory of CA certificates. /usr/local/share/ca-certificates Directory of local CA certificates. SEE ALSO
c_rehash(1), AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project and modified by Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nus- sel@suse.de>. 27 April 2010 UPDATE-CA-CERTIFICATES(8)