Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Concatenate integer and space/newline for cout in C++ Post 303011919 by yifangt on Thursday 25th of January 2018 02:10:37 PM
Old 01-25-2018
Concatenate integer and space/newline for cout in C++

I'm trying to print out integers and space/newline for a nicer output, for example, every 20 integers in a row with ternary operator.
In C I could do it with:
Code:
printf("%d%s",tmp_int, ((j+1)%20) ? "\t":"\n");

but could not figure out the equivalent in C++:
Code:
cout << ((j+1)%20)? string(tmp_int+"\t"):string(tmp_int+"\n");
cout << ((j+1)%20)? to_string(tmp_int+"\t"):to_string(tmp_int+"\n");

Can anyone correct my code for the right trick?
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Dvd files concatenate error: Not enough space

Hi, I downloaded the latest sparc ver of sol10, tried to concatenate the files and encounter error: Not enough space on the disk. Tried from both sol10 x86 and winxp. command used: UNIX: cat file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 > file.iso DOS: copy /b file1 + file2 + file3 + file4 + file5 file.iso... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maag
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

newline character, space and tab after a string

no problem (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate the string with the newline character

Hi , i want to Concatenate a string and use the following code str="i" str="$str am \n" str="$str a \n" str="$str boy \n" echo $str I want to ouput this i am a boy However it outputs i am \n a \n boy \n (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk adding a space between integer and the rest of the field

Hi, I have a problem where some of the records I need to process have the first address field as something like "10Walpole Street" where obviously I want it to be "10 Walpole Street". I know I need to somehow separate out the integer and probably form a new string variable, but I just don't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanm
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed I want to replace space by newline

Input: -------------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ------------------------- output wanted: --------------------- 123asd 456sdasda 789a ---------------------- I want this by sed in simple way please help (I know by: tr ' ' '\n' < inputfile )I want it by sed only (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove newline & space

Can someone help me on this. I have a file that has a long line just like below. The long line keeps on being truncated to the next line (new line + space) for some reason. Basically, I just need to remove this problem. Hope somebody can help! Thanks! INPUT FILE: structuralObjectClass:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate is ignoring space

Hi All,I am facing the below problem I have set a variable: a=`cat a.txt| grep "mad" | cut -c 30-50`the output is coming echo $a1 10 Mad300 3215however the actual ouput is 1.10 Mad300 3215There are 4spaces between 300 and 3215 so if i do: echo "$a" I am getting correct output: 1.10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newline to space code removes 0 from the first line

I am having a peculiar problem. First I run the code below to append 0 at the start of each line in some hundreds of files that I have in a directory. These files have each word in a newline. for f in *.dat; do echo "0" > tmpfile cat $f >> tmpfile mv tmpfile $f done Then I run this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3rd occurance of SPACE with newline

I have file with SQL output as 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Expected output : 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Let me know if this can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space by newline error

Hello I have had a requirement where I need to move data to a new line based on a text .So basically as soon as it encounters :61: it should move to a new line Source Data : :61:D100,74NCH1 :61:D797,50NCH2 :61:D89,38NCHK2 :61:D99,38NCHK12 :61:D79,38NCHK22 :61:D29,38NCHK5 Target Data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamijia83
11 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)