Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to get multiple strings in one variable Post 303011866 by shunya on Wednesday 24th of January 2018 03:28:41 PM
Old 01-24-2018
Hi rdrtx1...this is superb!

Can you educate me little bit about following lines.

Code:
gsub("[^0-9]", "")

Code:
if (! c[$NF]) CHR=CHR $NF ","
   c[$NF]=$NF

Thank you! for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multiple variable array: comparison

Foo.txt 20 40 57 50 22 51 66 26 17 15 63 18 80 46 78 99 87 2 14 14 51 47 49 100 58 Bar.txt 20 22 51 15 63 78 99 55 51 58 How to get output using awk 20 22 57 50 51 15 26 17 63 78 80 46 99 55 - - 51 58 49 100 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV to SQL insert: Awk for strings with multiple lines in csv

Hi Fellows, I have been struggling to fix an issue in csv records to compose sql statements and have been really losing sleep over it. Here is the problem: I have csv files in the following pipe-delimited format: Column1|Column2|Column3|Column4|NEWLINE Address Type|some descriptive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khayal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for lines between two strings multiple times and keep the last one

Hi, I am trying to get lines between the last occurrences of two patterns. I have files that have several occurrences of “Standard” and “Visual”. I will like to get the lines between “Standard” and “Visual” but I only want to retain only the last one e.g. Standard Some words Some words Some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: damanidada
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? extract quoted "" strings from multiple lines.

I am trying to extract multiple strings from snmp-mib files like below. ----- $ cat IF-MIB.mib <snip> linkDown NOTIFICATION-TYPE OBJECTS { ifIndex, ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus } STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A linkDown trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple variable to awk

Hi , can I pass more then one variable to awk using -v option? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk extract strings matching multiple patterns

Hi, I wasn't quite sure how to title this one! Here goes: I have some already partially parsed log files, which I now need to extract info from. Because of the way they are originally and the fact they have been partially processed already, I can't make any assumptions on the number of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
8 Replies

9. Programming

awk to count occurrence of strings and loop for multiple columns

Hi all, If i would like to process a file input as below: col1 col2 col3 ...col100 1 A C E A ... 3 D E G A 5 T T A A 6 D C A G how can i perform a for loop to count the occurences of letters in each column? (just like uniq -c ) in every column. on top of that, i would also like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iling14
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)